Notices

Extreme sadness

Old 04-23-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SolitaryThinker View Post
YES!!! That's what I'm not doing, I don't cut myself any slack! I have been trying to put into words what me problem is and couldn't really get to it. I'm brutally hard on myself and everyone including my girlfriend tells me I am. I really don't give myself credit for much and always beat myself when I fail. It's really bad....I need to start cutting myself some slack...
I'm all worked up in everything else and bash myself so hard when I mess up, and that's why I feel this way today, I feel like a failure to myself and my family
Old 04-23-2014, 07:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

ST - what about listening to music? Even when I couldn't focus on anything else I could always focus on music. Maybe try something upbeat. No matter how down I was, music would help some.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OpioPhobe View Post
ST - what about listening to music? Even when I couldn't focus on anything else I could always focus on music. Maybe try something upbeat. No matter how down I was, music would help some.
im a musician lol that's ALL I have been doing, a given in my world 24/7 regardless
Old 04-23-2014, 07:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yes, ST, you should cut yourself some slack. I commend you , for reaching out tonight! You know what is good for you and you are going for it, but it is tough at certain stages.

Read my signature that I put on today. I found it yesterday, and I decided that I want to forgive myself and not look back. Not think of the negative things of the past, but look to the future and think positive. make a gratitude list. that really does help, even though it does not seem like it would, it does.

hang in there, you are doing it. don't lose the ground you have gained.

this can be done. you can do it. people do. wishing you the best, you sound like a great guy, and SR can be your family!
Old 04-23-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Have you looked into joining any groups, AA or whatever? You could make some friends that know what you are going through.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

yea I need a therapist I'm having a hard time getting a decent one to work with my insurance. I have been off the books for several years so hve no actual proof of income
Therapist , phooey, fix my laptop and get your GF to teach me how to get rid of all my crap! LOL! Just kidding!
Old 04-23-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Juts remember that these feelings will pass. These are just feelings, ride um out.

The consequences of drinking though could last a long time and you may not even make it back.

Way to go on 2 weeks!
Old 04-23-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I must be an idiot I go on Ebay and all I end up doing is Buy! LOL
Old 04-23-2014, 07:42 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Amazingglazier View Post
I must be an idiot I go on Ebay and all I end up doing is Buy! LOL
hahaha gotta sell a bit
Old 04-23-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

hahaha gotta sell a bit
we will get ya set up and running buddy
Make a pay pal account when u get a chance
Old 04-23-2014, 07:44 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm really trying, and not shutting anything down in my head at all. I'm just having a really really hard time. I wish I had more people in my life in general, or an actual parent to help me. This solo stuff is brutal, and I'm 28 but pretty much 16 still, with 28 year old bills and responsablities. Really struggling but I'm not gonna drink.
It's amazing how much this sounds like me. I'm 24 and feel 16 with adult responsibilities... Your example is really an inspiration for me. I know you can get through this hump in the road with all the support you have here!
Old 04-23-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

SolitaryThinker there is a fun little thread here called the Lighter Side.

Maybe you need to relax and laugh a little.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
Yes, ST, you should cut yourself some slack. I commend you , for reaching out tonight! You know what is good for you and you are going for it, but it is tough at certain stages. Read my signature that I put on today. I found it yesterday, and I decided that I want to forgive myself and not look back. Not think of the negative things of the past, but look to the future and think positive. make a gratitude list. that really does help, even though it does not seem like it would, it does. hang in there, you are doing it. don't lose the ground you have gained. this can be done. you can do it. people do. wishing you the best, you sound like a great guy, and SR can be your family!
i know your right....I'm gonna wake up tomorrow with a clear mind and look back at all of this and try to do as much as I can. I have to work night again tomorrow so I can sleep in a bit and wake up with the right mindset to really try and just relax a bit. I'm gonna go out of my way to make sure that I cut myself some slack more often (not too much!) but more often, I think it will help me feel a little better with all of this
Old 04-23-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I'm at day 23 and I've been having a lot of the same feelings--I've been so foggy and unproductive, it's frustrating. But everyone assures me it will get better soon and I feel like today that started to happen. Advice I got "for the first 30 days, just try not to get fired and don't worry about accomplishing anything else." That really helped me be a little less hard on myself. I will start doing more self care stuff like meditation, etc. but it's also ok to give it a month and wait until I feel better before I start.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Therapist , phooey, fix my laptop and get your GF to teach me how to get rid of all my crap! LOL! Just kidding!
Ur the best man <3
Old 04-23-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deeker View Post
SolitaryThinker there is a fun little thread here called the Lighter Side. Maybe you need to relax and laugh a little.
yea DEF! I'm on edge if it's not blatantly apparent enough lol
Old 04-23-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kitkat331 View Post
I'm at day 23 and I've been having a lot of the same feelings--I've been so foggy and unproductive, it's frustrating. But everyone assures me it will get better soon and I feel like today that started to happen. Advice I got "for the first 30 days, just try not to get fired and don't worry about accomplishing anything else." That really helped me be a little less hard on myself. I will start doing more self care stuff like meditation, etc. but it's also ok to give it a month and wait until I feel better before I start.
maybe just stop obsessing as much and kinda just keep my jobs, and allow myself to kinda be a little lazy for a bit? I'm like loosing my mind keeping up. I really have the ability to work my two jobs and really just relax, but it don't let myself, I donno I thought maybe keeping myself extra busy was gonna be good, but maybe I'm like overwhelming myself, and driving myself into the ground so to say...
Old 04-23-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

we will get ya set up and running buddy
Make a pay pal account when u get a chance
Got that for years, but it's allout and no in,LOL!
Old 04-23-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Got that for years, but it's allout and no in,LOL!
Gotcha, k well well set up a date where I can come and look at the laptop, and you can give me a more detailed idea of the kind of items your gonna be getting into. I actually have some awesome "Pee Wee" Herman action figures that are doing decent right now, but the sentimental value is steep also, tough decision. Each figure is averaging 20$ a pop tho and I have almost 10
Old 04-23-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Yeah, I think give yourself a couple weeks to be lazy (as much as possible without causing big problems for yourself.) At least that's what I'm doing. Then after that you'll hopefully have your focus back & can make up for lost time.

I feel your pain tho--sobriety was supposed to make us feel MORE clearheaded, wasn't it??