Notices

disappointed again

Old 04-23-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

disappointed again

Haven't written in a while. I thought possibly my closet alcoholic would see the light and change. He has promised me this every since my last post. Even thou I still love him , I can not tolerate his drunkenness anymore. I told him again that I was going to send him away but he always begs for me not to. I read too that I can only send him away for 72 hours which I have already done that and he has failed so many times since his treatment that I lost track. It appears to be every weekend that he is drunk and a few days during the week he is "feeling no pain" as his conversations do not make any sense and he continually says the same conversation over and over again. I can't live like this anymore. His hiding of booze, his lies, his taking a day or days off work to get things done at home but all he ends up doing is getting drunk. I am lost and so sad that I don't know where to go. One of my kids won't even come home because of the way he is. I try to stay positive but he continues to lie. I don't want to be in this type or relationship anymore. What should I do?
Old 04-23-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I don't want to be in this type or relationship anymore.

He's not keeping his promises. Make him move out so you can have some peace. He's an adult. He'll be ok. Give yourself the peace you deserve.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not sure what you mean by 'sending him away', but if you can't live like that, then it's time to leave. Take care of yourself.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

If my child wouldn't come home because I allowed a lying drunk to live there, I know which choice I'd make.

If you don't want to live that way anymore then don't. His promises mean nothing. He isn't going to make it easy for you and just leave. You're going to have to make it happen.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

how old is the child that won't come home?
Old 04-24-2014, 02:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
instant

Do what is right for you, je is on his own journey
Old 04-24-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm sorry for your unfortunate common problem.
On this site is a group for "family and friends" which can be very helpful with all the of their sharing. Also there is the 1st rated group of people help at Al Anon which is world wide and has guided millions through tough times.

BE WELL