Notices

I can do this

Old 05-14-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I personally do NOT see this board as a public share, because it truly is anonymous, unlike AA.
These are thoughts we would never share f2f, but we all have a need to express them or WE drink.
It is a safe and healthy tool to use in sobriety. I see no reason for our SOS to feel threaten. These words are our feelings at the time, not fact, just freedom of expression. Sometimes our thoughts WOULD hurt our partners, and it is prudent to write them here to process, get feedback and resolve them privately. I do not believe every thought SHOULD be shared with our SO,in MHO

Last edited by StormiNormi; 05-14-2014 at 07:52 AM. Reason: word fix
Old 05-14-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I'm so glad things are looking up Raza! It is wonderful that both you and your wife are on the same page now.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hang in there buddy.
You know to when
you need support.

It is so very important to
have support from your wife.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Day 26 . . .

My poor girls. Momma and the oldest have been sick with high fevers the past two days and with what seems like strep. I've been trying to take good care of em. It seems the fever breaks, then it comes back in an hour or 2. The Tylenol roller coaster.

I do have to say that the past couple of days have been noticeably easier on me. In an environment with nobody drinking, the liquor poured out, and no stops at the liquor store . . . All the cravings and inner arguments have died down markedly. I know it's really only been a few days but knowing my wife is on board now and having that weight lifted of talking with her its made coping easier.

Everyone have a great weekend! I know I have plenty to do.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Yay! RazaR!! So good to get hear an update. Wow! What a change having an alcohol-free house. Happy to read about it.

Sorry that the entire household is ill but glad that you are staying strong.

Take care RazaR and please keep popping in while you are taking care of everyone.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Day 31 . . .

Well it's been a whole 30 days from drinking mostly daily to not a drop. It has not been easy but it is getting easier. For my wife it's been a week and she's going through the struggle of poor sleep and bad migraines as well as fighting off some sort of illness with a reoccurring fever. Poor woman.

I got to stay home from work yesterday due to a visit from the cable guy. It was nice to help my girls with their school work and give momma a little break from that. Only a slight struggle in getting some work done but I think they were testing me to see if I would cave in and give the answers. No skating by with daddy... sorry

The past weekend was pretty good.... I got my fathers day present a little early. They just couldn't keep it a secret any longer Daddy got a brand new PS4 so I snatched up the oldest and went to gamestop to buy a few games. Spent more than a few hours on that thing and looking forward to more.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Day 33 . . .

Here comes the big test. I got a call yesterday from my recruiter that got me my current consulting position. Not good news, I have a week left of work maybe 2 if I'm lucky. There was a round of layoffs last month due to budget issues and I managed to survive that. At least this time we get a weeks notice, the last layoff happened in a day, poor folks. Despite reassurances from the Sr. Manager, I've been worried that another round was coming and yup... I hate being right. Contractors and consultants are always the first to go and the rest of us that made the last cut will not make this one. My first thought yesterday was "Here it is, the first big test" but I will not give in. I cannot.

I've been quietly preparing though, updated the resume, been applying to choice opportunities. I've been able to be fairly picky though about who I talk to and where I apply, not anymore. It's time to ramp it up and get my resume on every desk.

Things will work out one way or another. They always do. It's hard to remember that sometimes when the going gets rough. Just got dust ourselves off and keep moving forward.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Everything works out in the end. If it's not working out, it's not the end. You will land on your feet Raz. Best wishes to you in your future job!
Old 05-23-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

You are SO much better-equipped to deal with these bumps in the road if you are sober, RazaR. But, of course, you have figured that out by now. Congratulations on your 33 Days. I love a good success story, and yours has been a pleasure to follow.

Keep up the good work. It inspires more people than you realize.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Yes, my friend, sobriety does not guarantee a life
of perfect serenity. How we address life's
challenges has changed. You are a new YOU!

I am on my fourth week and life is much better.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best of luck with finding a new job RazaR.
Don't let that fear overwhelm you everything will be ok.

D