Notices

Not Sober, But Trying

Old 04-22-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sky
Just a suggestion but why not let go of what your parents want for your life and start figuring out what you want. Many of your posts include your unemployment status. Why not start by asking yourself a few questions.

1. Is the law the career you want for yourself? If no, then what do you want?

2. If the answer is yes, then honestly, is it an attainable goal with a DUI on your record? (I am asking, I don't have any experience with the field, so it may or may not be be an attainable goal.) If it's not, then what are you going to do instead?

3. If you want the law and you are still able to get a job...then what are you doing to get there? Honestly, how hard are you working to get a job? Sitting around all day playing guitar and drums ain't working?

If the law is not in the cards? Well then, start looking for plan B. It's out there, you just haven't figured it out yet.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SkyBlueSky View Post
I am trying hard, but I don't believe in a higher power. I crave human interaction; it keeps me sober. I figured AA would be a good start. If I have money, I buy booze. How do you stop yourself from buying booze?
Keep your money in your pocket!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by SkyBlueSky View Post
I crave human interaction; it keeps me sober.
Medical detox with in-patient treatment and aftercare may be what you need. It was what I needed one time. Above all it was the help of caring others I found in treatment that really helped.