Notices

Yesterday was a BITCH!!

Old 04-21-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yesterday was a BITCH!!

Yesterday was Easter and the weather was beautiful.
My dad and cousin show up wioth a 24 pack. They sit outside on my deck and have a couple. In the meantime I am thinking to myself, wouldnt it be nice to have one on this nice day. SO after a few, my cousin asks me if I was gonna drink. I told him, nah, I'm trying to quit. I stopped about a month and a half ago. So anyway, no one gave me a hard time. But for about an hour there, the urge was pretty good!!!!! But I didnt give in and manage to survive the day without any. Meranwhile the S.O.B.S left beer in my fridge. SO i now have about a twelve pack left between this gathering and the last. LOL!! I wont drink it, its just there for the next time they come over.
Anyway, just thought I would say something.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Nice job on being strong Hunter. I know the feeling, and while it's tough being around family while they are drinking we all know what will happen if we "have just one".

Regarding the leftovers - I'd honestly dump them out. I allow alcohol in my house if others bring it over and consume it themselves, but I also ask that they take it with when they leave. My father in law left a few craft beers behind last time he visited and I dumped them out promptly, It's just a distraction I don't need to have.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice job, Hunter, congrats. I agree with Scott. Either dump the remaining bottles or call someone to come and get them pronto.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, get rid of them somehow- just give away to your neighbor or a friend. You'll feel even better after doing that !
Old 04-21-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

nice job hunter,
my people didn't drink at all yesterday, just water and coffee, so I was not even exposed to it, except for the dozen bottles of wine in racks.
remind yourself, and them next time to take it with them.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Hunter101 View Post
Yesterday was Easter and the weather was beautiful.
My dad and cousin show up wioth a 24 pack. They sit outside on my deck and have a couple. In the meantime I am thinking to myself, wouldnt it be nice to have one on this nice day. SO after a few, my cousin asks me if I was gonna drink. I told him, nah, I'm trying to quit. I stopped about a month and a half ago. So anyway, no one gave me a hard time. But for about an hour there, the urge was pretty good!!!!! But I didnt give in and manage to survive the day without any. Meranwhile the S.O.B.S left beer in my fridge. SO i now have about a twelve pack left between this gathering and the last. LOL!! I wont drink it, its just there for the next time they come over.
Anyway, just thought I would say something.
Well done on abstaining, I find it harder when the ☀️ Is shining. Just something about having a cold one while working on the car or garden, many people in recovery prefer not to have alcohol in the house at all (invisible tentacles thing) but if you are strong willed enough then good on you.
Proud of you Hunter.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stoogy View Post
Well done on abstaining, I find it harder when the ☀️ Is shining. Just something about having a cold one while working on the car or garden, many people in recovery prefer not to have alcohol in the house at all (invisible tentacles thing) but if you are strong willed enough then good on you.
Proud of you Hunter.
Yes The good weather is definately one of my triggers!! I have had beer, wine and a fully stocked bar in the house since the day I quit. It doesnt seem to bether me that its there. I dont want to drink, I definately miss it. But I actually enjoying the weight loss, feeling better and controlling situations a lot better.
As I sat there yesterday, I was thinking, boy, I definately dont miss waking up and feeling like ****. Plus, my significant other isnt the most pleasant person to live with. So by me not drinking, it actually helps!!

When I was drinking, she would mentally take advantage of me. More of like a control kinda thing, then I would get angry and **** would hit the fan.

Now, I am not drinking. So I can just ignore her or do whatever I want, because I am in control!!!

Oh and the best part is, she use to bitch all the time for me to stop drinking, SHe would say, things would get better if I did with us.

Honestly! I stopped drinking and aint **** changed!! LOL!
The only thing that has changed is that I am not drunk and can deal with her bull ****!

I dont know how I started talking about her, but oh well. LOL!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Even with my 23 yrs sobriety, I still
would not trust myself babysitting
someone elses poison.

No matter how strong and secure I
feel in my program, there's no guarantee
that someone, some thing will ruffle my
feathers, ticking me off, or I may cop
an attitude, mood swing, resentment,
something not going my way, that would
safe guard me from reaching for poison that
would emmediately take me to that dark
place I began yrs ago.

Alcohol is cunning, baffling and powerful,
lurking nearby waiting patiently to attack
or take by surprise when least expected.

The only way to ensure that I don't fall
victim of relapsing, is simply follow suggestions
of many who have learned to remain sober
a many one days at a time for yrs down the
road and incorporating a program of recovery
in my everyday life.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Awesome job!
Old 04-21-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great job resisting that temptation. Sucks that they left the beer. When I was drinking I felt really entitled to my liquor, sober people be dammed. Now it's the opposite, that beer they parked in my fridge would be going in the garbage or down the sink. Nothing/nobody threatens my sobriety.