Notices

Day 1 Again..feeling sad.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 Again..feeling sad.

Hey everyone,

Well I'm back again. I feel terrible about the binging over the 4 day weekend. I need to get sober because the alternative is feeling like crap in the morning and feeling like everyone thinks I'm a drunk. I'm getting back into AA again.

Garrison
Old 04-21-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you for getting back into AA.
Everyone knew I was a drunk. And I was.
I always keep in my mind those after binge feelings, they really help keep sober. Plus reaing posts like your's remind me of what it's like out there- so thanks.
There are alternatives to just feeling like crap and worrying what other people think.

If you're anything like me, those binges turned into weeks of drink, then every day. I went through withdrawal and it was awful and it only gets worse.
So, best to you and glad you made it back. Some don't.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

I feel u man. Glad youre making the decision to go back. I need to do that as well.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! I am going to remember this day because I feel terrible and am real jittery. I so want the sober life because it is much better than being a drunk. I accomplish so much more. I just have to remember to take it one day at time.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

comtnman - many of us have stumbled and fallen, picking yourself shows strength and courage. you remember this day because you don't want to ever feel like this again...

Just do it! After a while of being sober, people won't think you are a drunk - because you are not. Just keep going one day at a time. It gets easier as you keep counting that day. 1000 days one day at a time is still a thousand days. Say NO to alcohol. Always.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Well done for getting straight back on it, comtnman. It's all too easy for a slip to become a great long slide. So pleased you're taking action to stop the rot so quickly
Old 04-21-2014, 11:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm glad you posted about this. You sound like you're more determined than ever. I had to reach that point too - it took a few tries but I finally was fed up with being sick and miserable. I gave up all thoughts of drinking being fun again - it just wasn't going to happen. Every time it got in my system it led to disaster.

Nice going comtnman - you've come to a wise conclusion.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
painless

Wink

welcome back friend... weve all been where u are but DAY 1 is so important because its the 1st day of the rest of your life so be happy u chose sobriety over being a regular drunk... keep posting and reading our posts.. i love this place... to me its my salvation...
Old 04-21-2014, 12:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey, me too! Don't beat yourself up, just pick yourself up and keep on. Good for you for getting back to AA. We can do this! Here's to us getting through day 1 and many more 24s!
Old 04-21-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for all the kind words! I am really struggling today and I appreciate all your support. I need to remember this crappy feeling the next time that I feel like picking up a drink. I'm determined! I still have so much to lose and have been walking a tightrope with alcohol for awhile.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by comtnman740 View Post
Thanks everyone! I am going to remember this day because I feel terrible and am real jittery. I so want the sober life because it is much better than being a drunk. I accomplish so much more. I just have to remember to take it one day at time.
New day for both of us!
Old 04-21-2014, 12:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Best wishes to you, comtnman, foot and lilac. We have to keep trying.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

One thing I would suggest is Videoing yourself on your IPhone IF you have one - describe how you're feeling right now! You also want to see how crappy you look right now too because I guarantee you'll look a lot better in a few weeks of dry time.You want to be able to replay it when the AV starts trying to play tricks with you in a few days, weeks. A picture and hearing your own voice captured on this day can really save you tomorrow and the next. It's a gift if you make it so.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

So glad you posted this. It is day 1 for me again also. Easter weekend was tough. It was a good learning experience. Good luck to you!!
Old 04-21-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks all! It was definitely a learning experience. I have to come to the realization that if I don't take action I'm going to lose it all. I want a clean and sober life!
Old 04-21-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back

D