Notices

I'm Scared

Old 07-01-2004, 08:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Exclamation I'm Scared

This is my first time to the site and my first post. Last night something bad happened after I had been drinking and I am so scared right now. I do not know what to do.

This morning when I woke up my car was wrecked. I do not remember what happened exactly. I know I messed up my car in a construction zone. I know I did not hit another car, but that is about it.

Last night I had no dinner and the affects of the alcohol hit me very quickly. The guy that I was seeing wants nothing to do with me.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Louie,

Welcome to SR. I'm glad you found us.

That is really scary and I'm not sure what I'd do in your position. I think I'd probably call the police and ask about the accident, because if not, it would haunt me. But, of course, you need to decide.

I also did things that I don't remember and have much regret. The good news is that you can stop drinking and regain control of your life. Do it just for today. We're here to help you.

Love, Anna
Old 07-01-2004, 08:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dan

Welcome Louie.
You're probably counting your blessings. It sounds like you blacked out. Scary thing is you will never remember how your car got wrecked. Alcohol abuse robs us of memory, as well as countless other things.
I'm glad you're safe.
Time to do some work now.
This community can help you get started.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

I to am glad your safe! Yes, it's a horrible feeling not knowing what happened. Blackouts occur when we overdo it, and there are some real horror stories out there of what can happen in a blackout.
I hope you take this as a wake up call that maybe you want to think about the ramifications of your drinking. Only you can decide if it's time to do something.

Know we'll be here for you either way. Welcome to SR!
Old 07-01-2004, 08:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Thank you Anna and Dan. I am at work - drove the car even though I shouldn't have. I can't focus on anything because I am freaking out about last night. Right now I never want to have another drop of alcohol ever. I am so mad at myself. I know I really ****** up. I know I am lucky I did not hurt anyone else or myself, but I could have and that scares the **** out of me.

The thing is I will have to file a claim and I don't know what to say or where to say it happened. I do have an idea where it happened, but don't know exactly. My friend (who works with me) is going to drive me down the road I would have taken home so I can maybe figure out what might have happened.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RE-member- DONT QUIT!

Welcome louie, my name is mike. I'm sorry to hear what has happened to you and I can understand your fear. what happened last night, was last night. You will have to deal with the consequences one way or another, just be happy that it sounds like no one got hurt. The important thing is that you have reached out here and what you plan on doing about today. I know for me booze and drugs wrecked a lot more than just my car. It wrecked and took my family, all of my possesions, almost my life on more than a few occations, and my soul. Today I have found a new way to live and you can too. Stick around, read some and listen to what others have to say, You just might find you have some things in common with us.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Chy - yes it was a BIG wake up call for me. I am freaking out so bad and don't know what to do.

Last edited by Louie; 07-02-2004 at 07:44 AM.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

Mike - I am sure I do have a lot in common. I am sorry to hear about your losses. I have known for a while that I drink more than I should sometimes. I don't do any drugs. If I did, I am sure I would be addicted. I feel I have an addictive personality that makes me more predisposed to addiction. It is not an excuse - just something I know about myself. That is why I have never tried any drugs - I don't want to know what they feel like. I am afraid I will like the feeling. So I just don't do it. Wish I could say the same thing about alcohol.

I do go days with out drinking - but I abuse it too often.

Last edited by Louie; 07-02-2004 at 07:42 AM.