Notices

How can you get the willpower to quit drinking?

Old 04-21-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I relate to this So Much it's not even funny
I quite on St. Patricks Day of this year. Wine was what I choose to drink too. I just stopped. Got a bit shaky for a few days, hot----very sad, and aggivated. That I am still experiencing. I think the physical side of quitting is gone for me. I believe it is strongly the emotional side that is still very much there. I had a very hard time at Easter too. I was SO SO SO tempted to buy a bottle of wine, Yet, I know I would not stop at a glass, I would drink at least 1/2 lf bottle I heard that one-two glass of wine a night is beneficial to a person. But I think the bad out weighs the good. At least in my case.

You might want to try what I did last night. I came home, got a wine glass. Filled it 3/4 with Diet Tonic water (for a bit of the bubbles) the rest filled with Strawberry Daiquiri mixer (non-alcoholic of course) Had three glasses- knew I couldn't stop at only two l.o.l.
I felt satisfied, content, ....and I'm happy to say made it threw another day
Old 04-21-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Admitting I was an alcoholic was the first step of recovery for me. I could not stop and could not do it alone. I have suffered from depression and anxiety for most of my life. It has drastically reduced as I keep on staying sober. I have a therapist and it works as long as I am honest and do the work that needs to be done. I am glad you are here!