Notices

Bracing for cravings!

Old 04-20-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bracing for cravings!

So happy Easter. Had a nice candy hunt, but for some reason feeling on edge. We are taking our daughter to an indoor water park today and staying overnight at a hotel.

Been looking forward to this, so hate that I am feeling edgy. I am coming to a big milestone...1 year sober on the 30th, am feeling hormonal due to nearing time of the month, AND heading to a hotel which is a trigger of sorts for me.

Refuse to give in...not worried about that, but feeling like it won't be the easiest of days, so will be checking in here as much as I can!

Happy Easter all!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
AA member

I remember feeling unsettled when I was coming up to a year sober.

You sound strong in your sobriety and will have a lovely time with your family.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Dolly

Congratulations on almost a full year!

Glad you checked in,
have a fun time at the water park with your daughter
Take care and get yourself something safe to drink (non-alcoholic) and a little snack to have too.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think it's good to be aware of where triggers can occur, but I wouldnt expect them which is implied when you said "bracing for craving".... I would just see how it goes bc you will have cravings if you expect cravings. You are thinking about alcohol before you are ever in the situation. Good thing I pretty much only drank at home and at school/work bc when i left those places behind in my life and moved on, the associated triggers went with it. I do remember changing the room where i always drank at home all around and redecorated to try to break the association. Good luck and congrats... But don't always expect the worst of yourself
Old 04-20-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaptainPolaris View Post
I think it's good to be aware of where triggers can occur, but I wouldnt expect them which is implied when you said "bracing for craving".... I would just see how it goes bc you will have cravings if you expect cravings. You are thinking about alcohol before you are ever in the situation. Good thing I pretty much only drank at home and at school/work bc when i left those places behind in my life and moved on, the associated triggers went with it. I do remember changing the room where i always drank at home all around and redecorated to try to break the association. Good luck and congrats... But don't always expect the worst of yourself
Wow CP, was there anyplace else to imbibe? LOL! Happy Easter!
Old 04-20-2014, 09:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amazingglazier View Post
wow cp, was there anyplace else to imbibe? Lol! Happy easter!
lol
Old 04-20-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's good your self aware Dolly - keep focused and keep reaching out for help if you need it and I'm sure you'll do fine - you've been doing this nearly a year now after all

D
Old 04-20-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Back after the water park and a big meal in the hotel lounge. Other than a fleeting acknowledgement that it was a dream lounge for my drinking days...elegant and cozy, I didn't have the slightest bit of a craving.

Feeling great and happy to be sober....ooh boy, those hotel lounge booze prices are steep!

Happy Easter!