SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I have to get on with this NOW (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/329513-i-have-get-now.html)

spacestation 04-19-2014 03:48 AM

I have to get on with this NOW

Legaly responsible people arent *********.

All next week, so I better sober up his weekend! Look I just drink a lot of beer. nothing else.

Please, Tips for getting past the "want a beer to make nausea pass" morning.

Hangover tips, cause thats what gets me back everytime.

Dee74 04-19-2014 03:59 AM

C'mon Space you know how SR works - we're not going to give you hangover cures, man.

The best cure for a hangover is not to drink the night before.

If you're having problems with withdrawal see your Dr.

D

crisco 04-19-2014 06:28 AM

To get help, you have want to quit.

huntingtontx 04-19-2014 06:32 AM

Perfect cure for a hangover. Drink nothing stronger then water. No booze ever. I am loving the sober life, and I hope you will join us on this journey.

Thepatman 04-19-2014 06:32 AM

I was a beer pounder also. You can make it out if you really want to.

As Dee said, seeing your doctor is the best and safest path for withdrawal.

Kaneda8888 04-19-2014 07:05 AM

Space

I am glad to see you're still around. Frankly, I strongly believe you need a full blown in-patient rehab with all the bells and whistles.

There are 3 consequences of alcoholism: death, jail or recovery. Space, right now, you have a choice.

I urge you to end this alcoholic madness and choose recovery.

MIRecovery 04-19-2014 07:43 AM

My only problem was I drank a lot of vodka that's all. There were some other minor problems like my health relationships career legal problems marriage guilt shame and my life in general.

Things kept getting worse so my solution was to drink more. it took a long time but I finally realize that alcohol was the problem not the solution

2muchpain 04-19-2014 08:19 AM

Your saying you just drink beer sounds like you are minimizing your problem. It's like saying I'm kinda like an alcoholic, but not a real one. Alcohol is alcohol, whether it comes in a can or bottle. It's just my opinion, but if your beer drinking is causing hangovers and it is interfering with your life, you might want to consider leaving that beer alone.

Amazingglazier 04-19-2014 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by spacestation (Post 4600791)
Legaly responsible people arent *********.

All next week, so I better sober up his weekend! Look I just drink a lot of beer. nothing else.

Please, Tips for getting past the "want a beer to make nausea pass" morning.

Hangover tips, cause thats what gets me back everytime.

Hey Space welcome back to SR! You will have to rephrase your first line above as I know a JUDGE that says you are, just try telling them that with a DUI, I found out! I usually only drank beer , but way too much! Please stop for for your own good, we can help you but you have to help yourself! Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby

Mountainmanbob 04-19-2014 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by spacestation (Post 4600791)

well -- beer was my heavy #1 product used
even just drinking beer can take one to the land of alcoholism
not sure if that's where you are at
but -- if so
making a decision to stop would be for the best
MM