Notices

I drove drunk.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR plutonium. I'm glad you realize you have a problem and have posted. In my experience once you 'get away' with drink driving it becomes easier to just do it again and again and again. Until you don't get away with it any longer. I'm glad you are using this experience in a positive way to stop drinking and ensure it never happens again
Old 04-18-2014, 10:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi

At the end of my drinking I also drove drunk. Saw double on the road and can't remember half of the drive home. Car had scratches on the bonnet the day after. Can't remember crashing. Thankfully have been off the drink for over two weeks. I think drink driving is common in alcoholics. Never again for me. I could have killed someone or myself. Anyway welcome
Old 04-19-2014, 01:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Plutonium

Hi there , so glad you took the next step in posting .

You are amongst friends , we are all here to help each other.

I look forward to reading more posts from you and am so glad you came out of your drink driving episode unscathed .

It could have ended fatally .

Glad you survived it and didn't hurt anyone else .

Xx
Old 04-19-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

One time a few years ago when I quit, I was amazed at the feeling of relief I had when driving at night, not having a thought of being pulled over or of getting in a accident as I was sober! Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby
Old 04-19-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome Plutonium. A friend of mine who struggled with alcoholism for many years died last November in a car accident. He was driving drunk, slammed into the back of the car in front of him, then into a tree. The woman he hit was seriously injured. We all "know" the dangers of driving drunk, but it really hits home when someone you know dies as a result.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad you are here Platonium
Old 04-19-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Platonium. Quit drinking and driving. The drinking part is a struggle, but I hear it can be done. :-)
Old 04-19-2014, 01:09 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Plutonium - I have 2 DUI's and still to to this day feel absolutely horrible about it - I didn't hurt innocent people thank God, but this will follow me for the rest of my life, I have recently had to fill out a security clearance form for a new job and have to come clean about my arrests.. I will accept whatever fate is before me because I caused this.

Thank God you are here and want to make a change before you end up like me. Welcome and God bless