Notices

First friday sober

Old 04-18-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First friday sober

Little nervous but hopeful. Gonna go ride the Harley with my hubby and he's being such good support! He wants to listen to music and air outside a bit which may be a trigger for me but I'm gonna give it a try, I definitely don't want to drink! What r y'all's plans?
Old 04-18-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This might be a good opportunity to really SEE how beautiful your world, your life really is... take it all in and let it strengthen you... ride somewhere pretty.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks humble I will
Old 04-18-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Enjoy the ride, christimc.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Enjoy your ride!! I haven't been on a bike in several years, but used to love it!! This morning I hiked a trail by my house. Had a snack overlooking a lake from the mountaintop. A great song came on my iPod and I had a rush of endorphins that felt amazing just realizing how great life can be!! It was similar to that wonderful feeling you get on a motorcycle cruising a curvy back road on a cool fall day!! Try to realize that buzz you get with the first drink or two can be reached naturally in many ways. And you don't have to deal with all that bad crap that goes with drinking!! Enjoy!!
Old 04-18-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

First Friday Sober

Originally Posted by christimc View Post
Little nervous but hopeful. Gonna go ride the Harley with my hubby and he's being such good support! He wants to listen to music and air outside a bit which may be a trigger for me but I'm gonna give it a try, I definitely don't want to drink! What r y'all's plans?
My first Friday sober too. Good luck, stay strong and have a great ride. Life is so much nicer with a clear head. We just have to silence our AV!

Going to die Easter eggs with my kids later. For me, nothing better than seeing smiles on their faces. And this year I will be able to remember those smiles in the morning.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's only another day guys!! . . . but saying that I also got nervous on my first weekend, but 1 day at a time will get you through, whether it's a Friday or a Tuesday, both come with only 24hrs to get through sober!!

Plus SR is always here for extra support!!