Notices

Please read this. I need help. Addicted to painkillers

Old 04-19-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm day 10 off all opiates I relate to your story a lot. I never had a problem with any medication , rarely would drink alcohol, never smoked weed or ciggerates for 25 years. Then after I had my 3rd child I went into deep depression and had bad sciatica so was given percs and wow it fixed my physical pain and mental depression. So I guess like they say it was the perfect storm and I it started small and just grew and grew and then when the dr cut you off (which they will) you start looking other ways and then your whole life becomes consumed with where you will get them how long you they will last when you will be able to get them again, over and over. And the money oh how that goes fast! Then for me I become so tired living like this. I tried so many times to quiet I'd never make it past day 2. So I decided to do the suboxone rute and then couldn't get off them the half life is 3x longer which means WD last a long time and they are worst. I didn't have a dr who kept up with me and worked on schedule so I had no idea how to get off. So when I couldn't make it past day 3 and started reading about why its so hard I went back to the oxy and said I'll just do this to help get past WD I'd rather detox off the Oxy then Subs. Well I just got back into the oxy and when I'd run out use the subs until I got more oxy and did that for a few months but subs do block respetors so I'd need more to feel anything and then was spending 120$ a day (which I couldn't afford) I'd borrow money from family, selling things, just kept going down and down. Finally I realized I have to stop, i did things I never thought I'd do and knew where it was leading.

It's hard I have only been able to be going minute by minute right now. I looked up the Thomas recipe and bought all that but I'm not sure it made it any better some people sware by it but I have taken 30mg at once way over the 2mg recommended dose of Imodium and I still have diarrhea so there is going to be pain and no sleep that really breaks you in, but if you can build a support system at home or online which is why I joined this forum always someone on and in the chat rooms when your having a bad day. I don't know if you have vacation or sick time with your job but I'd use it because not something you can do over weekend I'm day 10 and still have low energy, hot flashes, upset stomach and waves of emotion. I just don't want you to mislead that after a week you will be great bc I only gave myself 6 days and was very upset about how I could make it, but I just came out and look I'm still sick but I'm here and will do what I can but you going to need and bare with me, and everyone was surprisingly ok picking up my slack.

Also what I suggest which was the hardest is figure out who is a trigger and keep away. Or change your number if you need to, I deleted all my "contacts" but they still had my number, And during one of my past attempts I got a text asking if I need anything to come by, and I was in bad WD and eventually I gave in. I also had to keep certain family members away bc they used too and we would together, so that's also been very hard but I think a reason I have finally got to day 10. I try and come on here as much as possible to help keep my mind busy so you can always inbox me if you want as well. Best of luck!
Old 09-21-2014, 06:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

UPDATE: I went to treatment for 28 days and have been sober for almost 4 months now
Old 09-21-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

That is amazing!!! Good for you...what an accomplishment!!!