SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   10 months sober (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/329408-10-months-sober.html)

UnixBer 04-18-2014 02:01 AM

10 months sober

It is day 300 sober today for me and things have definately improved. The longer you are sober the easier it gets. There have been some fluctuations to all of the total recovery. Meaning there are still some rough days and times here and there.

Also I'm not sure but I think that for me, thinking about the AV and using it as a focus is draining and causes some stress. So I've tried a new approach that goes like this: Everything that happens regarding recovery is chemistry. A craving is chemistry, since alcohol addiction is a chemical illness. The AV thus has no personality but is a result of chemistry. Without the chemistry, it cannot exist. When the chemistry balances out, the AV is gone. The question is when does it balance and how it works can be a little bit more complex.

Of course, during some rough confusing times it is almost impossible to avoid thinking stuff related to the AV and things like that. But so I'm grateful to be sober today. It is the best decision I've made so far. Good luck everyone. :)

Also. I do not mean to become complacent not focusing on the AV-theme in the same way. Addiction is addiction and there is no room for complacency.

mecanix 04-18-2014 02:21 AM

keep on :You_Rock_

Bestwishes, m

Marcher13 04-18-2014 03:57 AM

UnixBer, 300 days is an awesome achievement!

soberclover 04-18-2014 04:00 AM

Congratulations!!! It is so very true that it does get easier in so many ways the more days we put behind us not drinking.

sugarbear1 04-18-2014 04:01 AM

Congratulations!!!

Marjoram 04-18-2014 04:01 AM

:dance1a:FANTASTIC! Lots of inspiration here today for us people trying to string some time along!

Great job!

least 04-18-2014 05:58 AM

Congrats on ten months sober! :scoregood

LBrain 04-18-2014 06:15 AM

300! Awesome. Thanks for the post. Good words.

Stoogy 04-18-2014 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by UnixBer (Post 4598749)
It is day 300 sober today for me and things have definately improved. The longer you are sober the easier it gets. There have been some fluctuations to all of the total recovery. Meaning there are still some rough days and times here and there.

Also I'm not sure but I think that for me, thinking about the AV and using it as a focus is draining and causes some stress. So I've tried a new approach that goes like this: Everything that happens regarding recovery is chemistry. A craving is chemistry, since alcohol addiction is a chemical illness. The AV thus has no personality but is a result of chemistry. Without the chemistry, it cannot exist. When the chemistry balances out, the AV is gone. The question is when does it balance and how it works can be a little bit more complex.

Of course, during some rough confusing times it is almost impossible to avoid thinking stuff related to the AV and things like that. But so I'm grateful to be sober today. It is the best decision I've made so far. Good luck everyone. :)

Also. I do not mean to become complacent not focusing on the AV-theme in the same way. Addiction is addiction and there is no room for complacency.

Amen to that. Congratulations.

FeenixxRising 04-18-2014 07:27 AM

Well done Unix, keep at it.

Lance40 04-18-2014 07:42 AM

Great achievement - really proud of ya :)

Thepatman 04-18-2014 07:51 AM

You rock!

Shows that everyone develops their own method to remain sober. There is no cut in stone approach or solution.

I like the chemistry imbalance view you have. Makes sense to me.

But I'm early in recovery so I have the internal conversations with the AV still.

In any case, well done and thanks for the thread

krete77 04-18-2014 08:07 AM

Good for you. hope to be there with ya!

hayley86 04-18-2014 08:29 AM

Congrats on 10 months! :)

BradJustBrad 04-18-2014 08:38 AM

Congratulations on 300 days!

Marjoram 04-18-2014 08:48 AM

FANTASTIC!!! Congratulations!!! :c011: