Notices

Loosing my mind completely

Old 04-18-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I don't know if u will get this by now him but sleep is not my friend ever and I have anxiety terrible! What I like that helps me veg out is hot herbal teas like celestial tension tamer and don't use one bag use like three lol then I usually hit some melatonin or Zqiul before bed, it usually work for me. Also aeroma therapy works I have an oil mixture called be calm and I rub a little on my hands and temple before bed and that calms as well!
Old 04-18-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hey bud I'm going through exactly what youre going through. Keep ya head up man. I have similar drug history with you as well.

I'm over 2 months sober and just now the serious mental panic episodes are kicking in. I to also deal with everyone else in my family having a house, money, good jobs etc while I sit here living in an apartment that i share with a roomate, no job either, but I've worked plenty in my life and I'm not working hard enough to find another job.

Keep pushing past the feelings and take one day at a time. I have no experience in this sober recovery either but we'll go through it together.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Wow waking up with a clearer mind and reading all this really makes a lot of sense to me now. Thanks each and every one of you. That was an intense and brand new experience. I'm clad I'm clear headed today, and after work I'm gonna kick back with my tablet and read back at all these wonderful links and suggestions in a proper frame of mind. I can't tell you how much I appriciate you guys helping me thru that scary mental experience. I'm sticking around here for a WHILE 8)
Old 04-18-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Solitary, I've read through your thread, and don't have much to add that I haven't already said in the other one, but I did want to address your concerns over damaging your brain with acid. Don't worry about it. You didn't damage yourself. In my younger days, it wasn't all that unusual for me to drink an entire vial of LSD for breakfast. I have taken shockingly huge quantities of acid, and my brain never stopped working the way it was supposed to, though my perspective was expanded. I even went on to graduate from college with honors.
You are going to be ok, you just need to get to the other side of this to see it. I have confidence in you.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Maximilian85 View Post
Hi SolitaryThinker, I was in the exact same boat as you not long ago, I'm 28 too and had been drinking for years - like yourself I had taken quite a lot of LSD in the past and thought that it was that had screwed my brain up as I couldn't believe that alcohol withdrawal could be so terrifyingly bad but it really is, I though I was going mad too with hours and hours of anxiety a day lasting a few weeks. I'm at a month sober now and the anxiety has pretty much gone but I still have quite a bit of depression. My advice is, you're not going mad, everyday will get slightly better but you need to do things to take your mind off the withdrawals, I used some herbal supplements like valerian root and 5-HTP which really helped my anxiety and depression. Tell all your close friends and family what you are going through, they will understand and will help you (my anxiety led me to falsely think that my friends and fam would disown me, but they didn't, that provided a great mental relief). Exercise is key, swimming I felt was the best but running and weightlifting were good in the early stages when I was too scared to go to the gym. Oh yeah last thing, get a load of chamomile tea in, really helped me calm down and relax
thank you for calming my worried mind. Yea I drank half vials a few times, but don't dislike my widened perspective at all! I have been on 5htp and St. John's wart for two months now and I feel like it's helping, I did a lot of K n X as well so it's a trifecta of seratonin depletion.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:22 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Adnamaeel View Post
Solitary, I've read through your thread, and don't have much to add that I haven't already said in the other one, but I did want to address your concerns over damaging your brain with acid. Don't worry about it. You didn't damage yourself. In my younger days, it wasn't all that unusual for me to drink an entire vial of LSD for breakfast. I have taken shockingly huge quantities of acid, and my brain never stopped working the way it was supposed to, though my perspective was expanded. I even went on to graduate from college with honors. You are going to be ok, you just need to get to the other side of this to see it. I have confidence in you.
thank you these posts make me feel calmer, yea the larger quantity I did was in liquid form and not licked, def sipped lol
Old 04-18-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Also, I noticed someone recommended valerian root to you. Valerian is a natural source for the alkaloids that they synthesize to make Valium, and it IS addictive. Definitely use caution with it.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Adnamaeel View Post
Also, I noticed someone recommended valerian root to you. Valerian is a natural source for the alkaloids that they synthesize to make Valium, and it IS addictive. Definitely use caution with it.
True, haven't tried that, just the 5htp and John's. Yea it was bad last night cause things started bending a bit and like dark shadows in the perefial vision was creeping me out. I knew what it was from and was able to tell myself that. But I wasn't expecting/or looking for that last night. Bad timing, it was def amplified by my state of peril I was in already. My one and only bad time, it was really dirty Dutch, and I was in a warehouse party. Peoples stomachs were pouring blackness onto the floor, almost splashing like think ink or oil, and it was everywhere, I tried to ask people for help and it was poring from their eyes and mouths, fixed objects were sliding all over the place on the floor. I had enough expierence under my belt that I was just walking around chain smoking and drinking booze/water till the intensity wore off, but it still sticks in my head, no colors, no laughs, no body effects. Darkness in it's purest form, everywhere. I don't know if it was my frame of mind that night, or how dirty it was, or both, but last night those visuals were slowly creeping back in, and that's why I was freaking the **** out...i couldent get it into words as it was happening...
Old 04-18-2014, 11:37 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SolitaryThinker View Post
True, haven't tried that, just the 5htp and John's. Yea it was bad last night cause things started bending a bit and like dark shadows in the perefial vision was creeping me out. I knew what it was from and was able to tell myself that. But I wasn't expecting/or looking for that last night. Bad timing, it was def amplified by my state of peril I was in already. My one and only bad time, it was really dirty Dutch, and I was in a warehouse party. Peoples stomachs were pouring blackness onto the floor, almost splashing like think ink or oil, and it was everywhere, I tried to ask people for help and it was poring from their eyes and mouths, fixed objects were sliding all over the place on the floor. I had enough expierence under my belt that I was just walking around chain smoking and drinking booze/water till the intensity wore off, but it still sticks in my head, no colors, no laughs, no body effects. Darkness in it's purest form, everywhere. I don't know if it was my frame of mind that night, or how dirty it was, or both, but last night those visuals were slowly creeping back in, and that's why I was freaking the **** out...i couldent get it into words as it was happening...
Also, I don't know if it's a myth or not, but I was getting a massage from my GF, and I can crack my whole spine and neck pretty hard core just by meself, things def didn't get better after that.