Notices

Hi!

Old 04-17-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi!

Thought it'd be a good time to say hi, a little intro...i'm 26, a mother of two, and recently married, I have a lot of issues really from a young age, social anxiety & depression, started drinking at 15 & at the time it felt amazing being able to make friends, have carefree fun, although it was all under the influence.... and looking back, its pretty cringey the things I got up to. I have gotten myself into a one-or-none situation, if I have one IT WILL turn into a binge, if I have none I feel the super unhappy thoughts that I had as a very lonely teen & Its very easy to slip back into binge mode... I am absolutely ashamed of myself for me getting like this. My hubby likes a drink as does close family, all drinkers, who have some "control" on stopping, but not enough control to get rid. I don't think any of us have much self control. I have had times where I have given up 1-2 weeks, 1 month, 3 months, and with my pregnancies obviously 9 months each. These times have been made me lose tonnes of weight, have a clearer mind, cash, better skin, all these lovely benefits, but still an empty unhappy feeling which soon draws me back in to indulge in my sins. I've been on medications for treating my depression and anxiety for years too, plus having therapies, its all very unhappy here...I know the drink is probably the biggest problem....I just love my family so much & my kids are my life, I would hate them to know what I'm doing or worse, to leave them without a mum. I even had seizures last year, they say its epilepsy, but the more I read into it, it is probably because of my umhealthy lifestyle... I am absolutely disgusted in myself. I love reading peoples stories and how theyre getting on in these forums, so I hope to become a longterm member & not only get help myself but support others going through similar struggles...xx
Old 04-17-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

missunhappy, does it say anywhere on those bottles of medicine you take, "DO NOT CONSUME ALCOHOL" ? I bet it does. That may be compounding your problems.

If you want to feel better, you need to stop. You will get a lot of support and encouragement here. I suggest you take a good look inside. It's time to rethink it. Quit drinking for yourself, your kids and everyone else you love.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My drinking definitely has something to do with my social anxiety. I don't crave alcohol throughout the week, but the one day a week where i would drink, I would binge like crazy until i'm close to blacking out.

p.s. im 25 years old and 25 days sober
Old 04-17-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome missunhappy!

You found a great place for support.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome. It's good you see some of the conflicts in your desired healthy living. Each of us have different goals and most require stopping alcohol intake as it's not a health drink. I needed what millions have turned to and that's face to face meetings. That and these forums have helped many in a non dependence of alcohol lifestyle. It's really quite simple, not always simple, we just don't pick up the first drink and each day it gets easier.

BE WELL
Old 04-17-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by missunhappy View Post
Thought it'd be a good time to say hi, a little intro...i'm 26, a mother of two, and recently married, I have a lot of issues really from a young age, social anxiety & depression, started drinking at 15 & at the time it felt amazing being able to make friends, have carefree fun, although it was all under the influence.... and looking back, its pretty cringey the things I got up to. I have gotten myself into a one-or-none situation, if I have one IT WILL turn into a binge, if I have none I feel the super unhappy thoughts that I had as a very lonely teen & Its very easy to slip back into binge mode... I am absolutely ashamed of myself for me getting like this. My hubby likes a drink as does close family, all drinkers, who have some "control" on stopping, but not enough control to get rid. I don't think any of us have much self control. I have had times where I have given up 1-2 weeks, 1 month, 3 months, and with my pregnancies obviously 9 months each. These times have been made me lose tonnes of weight, have a clearer mind, cash, better skin, all these lovely benefits, but still an empty unhappy feeling which soon draws me back in to indulge in my sins. I've been on medications for treating my depression and anxiety for years too, plus having therapies, its all very unhappy here...I know the drink is probably the biggest problem....I just love my family so much & my kids are my life, I would hate them to know what I'm doing or worse, to leave them without a mum. I even had seizures last year, they say its epilepsy, but the more I read into it, it is probably because of my umhealthy lifestyle... I am absolutely disgusted in myself. I love reading peoples stories and how theyre getting on in these forums, so I hope to become a longterm member & not only get help myself but support others going through similar struggles...xx
Hi and a very warm welcome, great place to be and share with the group.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello, and welcome.

Please don't be disgusted with yourself. I was a drinker like you and it got even worse. But that didn't make me a bad person, just one with a problem.

Please be gentle with yourself. It took me a long time to quit drinking, and it was always that first one that got me going. So, it took me a long time to stop. I got disgusted with myself for not having the willpower to quit. Mainly becuse I did disguting things while drunk. And then the next day-swearing it off, pouring it out and solemn vows. After feeling better, I was right back at it

Then it progressed to drinking every day. Starting out with a couple shooters of whiskey at 8am. That's how I lived for years. If you can call that living. I was a falling down drunk, and eveyone knew it.
So I may have been a harder drinker than you. But, I managed to quit. It's been over three year now.
So you're not disgusting. At all. You just may have a problem. There is help. Here is a great start. You'll find lots of support here.

I feel your pain, and best to you.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome! And ghostlight is right, this does not make you a bad person, it just makes you make bad choices. Pull up a seat and join us on this journey. Great post Ghostlight!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

missunhappy, Hello and welcome to SR. I am glad you joined us. We are on a journey to a sober life here and are here to support one another. You will find a lot of support and wisdom.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, missunhappy. Glad younfound and joined us.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi missunhappy - welcome

I was unhappy too - and just not drinking didn't help me to get to the roots of my unhappiness. I needed to make other changes in my life too.

Counselling helped me work out why I was unhappy and help me work out some of the things I needed to change. My meds worked better without alcohol too

Sometimes we need to find the right therapist or Dr. Don't give up hope.
D
Old 04-17-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope the support here can help you stay sober for good.