Notices

At a mere 73 days, this is life.....

Old 04-17-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Proud of you & know how hard it was. 73 days is wonderful. I'd say the way you're feeling is about right - I wasn't as cheerful. There were no Boom Shakas (or Twerks) until around 3-4 mos. You're doing this thing Raider.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nothing 'mere' about it Raider
congratulations on 73 days

D
Old 04-17-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Grubby, I miss those fun days drinking too, it was much more enjoyable when I could be jerking around building something and being able to make people gross out after shooting a 3" nail through my finger and laughing as I pulled it out and licked it asking my helper for some duct tape to put on it while I reached for a beer, what a jackass I was!
Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby
Old 04-17-2014, 08:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raider View Post

Is this about right for my stage of recovery?
it don't sound bad
main thing is Raider
you have been staying sober -------- congratulations

MM
Old 04-17-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sooooooooo proid of you Raider! I've followed your posts... I think from the getgo! Wish I was right there with ya, but I'm a bit behind! This month has been a difficult one but I know how hard this was for you and I have hope that if you can do this, I can too!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

TA DA!!!!! Awesome on 73 days Raider!!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

This is wonderful to see, Raider!
Old 04-17-2014, 10:15 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

73 days is pretty awesome! I hope you and Fuzz are both doing well!
Old 04-18-2014, 12:38 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Onya Raider . The first month just has to be the hardest . Great going
Old 04-18-2014, 03:42 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

73 days!!..look how far you have come, congrats Raider!! It keeps getting better and easier. You are doing great imo.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:57 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Raider - this is very exciting!!! 73 days! I'm "only" on day 12. But, I don't say it that way, I say "I'M ON DAY 12!!! WOOHOO!". It feels good, and to me each day I add on is an accomplishment. And it's because all of the good people here understand it. They all tell us how the first days are the hardest, the thought of it may never go away, but how could it. For many of us - it's been a daily part of our lives for longer than we'd like to admit. Kind of like when you work a job for say, 7, 8, 20 years, and you leave for a new job, or you retire. You don't think about it every day, but you think about it from time to time, and if it was a good job, you think "boy, I loved it there, such nice people", etc. If it was a job that ripped you in two, and caused you stress, you'd think of it from time to time, as well, and go "am I ever glad that is not part of my life any more".

I think alcohol or whatever our addictions are, are the same way. You'll always think of it - from good times and bad. And by good times, I don't mean the drinking was good, but for the times we remember, there were probably some people and some events we were experiencing that were good times, just a shame we always felt we had to do it with a drink in our hands.

Yesterday, I had a long 12 hour (very good, productive) day at work. As I sat at my desk, the only one left at the office, I thought, this was the type of day I'd stop and get something to drink on the way home (yes on the way home), and to continue drinking when I got home - my reward. And for the first time it was much easier to get the thought out of my head, and drive right by all three party stores I pass en route home. I know the urges will be there, but learning from you and others, is really helping me through that.

Your accomplishment is wonderful, and your thread is taken to heart because I know thoughts, feelings, and ideas regarding alcohol will enter my mind from time to time, and reading your thread and the posts the followed will help me better make sense of it, and that again, I am not alone in these feelings.

Glad to hear you are a hugger. Most of my family is, and to me, it's a very comforting feeling.

Hugs and love to you. Congratulations again!!!!!! I'm very happy for you!
Old 04-18-2014, 04:15 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Raider I often wish we could have time travel here on SR so we could go back and comfort our old selves with what we learn on the sober road.

Congratulations on 73!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Woohoo, Raider!
Old 04-18-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

congrats Raider. I'm just ten days behind you. i've read a lot of your posts, and saw how much you wanted to set yourself back but didn't.

so happy for you that you held your ground. keep it up. 3 months right around the corner.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Raider, I've followed your story here since I joined last year. I remember some of the struggles and just hoping, I'd see these days come for you.

73 days. You are amazing!

Like Marcher said, if only we could give ourselves a little hug in the past and say, you are gonna get there.

Yes, that little voice tried popping up with me too, ignore that beast! Make sure you post when you need support!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (38.8 KB, 20 views)
Old 04-18-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Yay for you!!! So so happy for you!