Notices

Introduction: 9 Days

Old 04-16-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Introduction: 9 Days

Hello - I have posted already twice, figured it was time to introduce myself properly. I assume this is the right forum. My name is Luisa. My friends and fam call me Lu Lu. I have one daughter (I had a son who passed away). I have been drinking for a long time - maybe 15 or 20 years. Always have my act together for the most part, but have chosen poorly in relationships. I had very strict parents who didn't really instill a lot of self-esteem in me. I am single now. I am originally from the South West, although I was born in Argentina.

I am deathly afraid that I have caused permanent damage to myself but I can't see my doctor until next week. Scared to death. Quitting has been a breeze since I have convinced myself that I am dying. I don't even have the slightest urge, but I am here because I need help to get through this time until I know for sure that I am not dying - or maybe that I am. So scared. I am looking to hear from other people who got through even though they had symptoms that were scary. Thanks for listening.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Luisa

Don't be afraid. You have an appointment with your doctor so try to relax until then.

Our bodies are great at healing themselves when we give them a chance. I had all sorts of symptoms which have almost all cleared up since I quit.

And congratulations on quitting x
Old 04-16-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dear Luisa,

I am not a drinker myself, but am here because I have a son who is. I have been around SR for a while and I have seen many posts like yours. Many have been so very afraid, with different symptoms, and some scary ones. It seems that most of the time they have gone to the doctor and have been able to recover. The body seems very able to heal itself, when you stop the drinking of the poison that is alcohol.
Try not to worry too much. Anxiety is hard on you too. Many others have felt the very fear you are feeling, but came out alright. You are right to be afraid, as you have seen what it does to your body, but please, remember that most people , even with terrible symptoms, can recover and heal, when they quit drinking.

YOu have nine days too? that is wonderful. Think positive, eat right, get rest, and love yourself the way you want your daughter to love herself. She will learn from you.

I am sorry about your son. I can understand how people would want to hide from the pain, but life has its pain and heartache, and its best lived sober, for us , for our children, and because life is precious.

hugs to you. keep posting, and think positive. it will help. no more googling symptoms, anxiety will lead you to believe you have every disease you read about... I know,,, I did that once, too.

take care.
chicory
Old 04-16-2014, 08:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi LuLu,
Listen to what chicory says. As far as I can tell, you are the only one who is convinced you are dying. I would just focus on staying sober for now. Let the Drs handle whatever you think may be ailing you. Just be sure to let the Dr know how long and how much you have been drinking. It is important for them to know so they can make a proper assessment of your condition. And please try to stay away from the internet searching for what is wrong with you. I wish you all the best. Try to relax and be comfortable with yourself. Okay? You are doing great by not drinking. Just don't start drinking again when you find out you are not dying. You made a good start, plan to keep it that way.