Notices

Three days sober.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Three days sober.

Hi all, This is my first time here. I stopped drinking three days ago so not feeling great. Had diarrhea all day and night. Is this the norm?
I am itching from head to toe and have a very dry mouth. I have no appetite what so ever (lost 5 stone) in the last two years. My muscles are weak. Will my health return back to normal given time.
Can anybody advise please?

D.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Denzel,
I am new here myself.,and am on Day 3. Welcome, stay close to the rooms, there are many people here who gave advise you much better than I, but I can walk beside you on this journey.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mate
Best thing you can do is get to your doc for a check up. Will help him/her and you if you are honest and lay your cards on the table about your drinking.
And get some medical advice on withdrawal as it can be a dangerous time.
When i stopped drinking for good, my health transformed.
It took a bit of time because the booze had done a lot of damage.
But it is much, much better now.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome Denzel. I would get checked out just to put your mind at rest xxxxxx
Old 04-15-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Denzel, at my first crack at recovery I had all what you are talking about and it will last for a bit, but it will get better, alot better! Yes you should go see your doc, and let him/her know what you decided. I had a relapse and I regret it everyday I had to go through all those same feelings again. You can do it and in a few days you will feel different, and your strength will start to come back. They didnt build Rome in a day. I will walk the walk you you, stay positve and stay strong....I am on my new day three, but I also know what it feels like to be sober for a bit, and that my friend is worth every ache in pain you have. Be strong
Old 04-15-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Stand and Be True

Every response will tell you to talk to your doctor, just to be safe. You won't be judged, you won't be the first person they have seen going through the same thing and you will feel a whole lot better with the peace of mind that it will bring.

Massive congrats on 3 days, by the way! Very early recovery is a b*tch but it gets better all the time.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Withdrawals

Do you mean diarrhea is normal when you first quit. Thanks for your help.
I also have weak leg muscles.
Regards
Denzel.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Denzel, yes very normal, and I couldnt skate even a week out......legs were like jelly.....but they will get better, I can promise you that!
Old 04-15-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Denzel. I had digestive issues & many other symptoms when I first quit. After a few weeks everything was much better. We beat ourselves up badly - we need time to heal. (I have to repeat what the others said - to be safe get checked out - there's no way we can know for sure what's going on.)

I hope you'll stay with us for awhile. Congrats on your decision to quit & your 3 days sober. It will get easier.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day three. You are doing fantastic. Everyone is different, but it will get better. After a couple of weeks I was feeling pretty good. A doctor is always a good idea. He can help make the walk a little easier. I am glad you are joining us. Big hug
Old 04-15-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome Denzel and congrats on day 3 - you too stormi...

We all react differently at first. You're going to go through some weirdness for a bit. It does get better with time.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your advice. my doc is fully aware. I have fatty liver damage. Did anyone else lose their appetite and for how long?
Old 04-17-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

yes I lost mine for about a week, then it comes back like mad.....I tried to eat as much protein as I could and limit carbs.....your body will want the sugar and you will have to reward that a bit, but yogurt, eggs, etc helped.....also try to take a vitamin with many b's especially b-1.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I didn't have anything like that happen.
Just severe insomnia for 3 nights and awful, sticky, smelly sweat.
Blood pressure shot up to near dangerous.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Without sharing TMI, let me just say the first week was very interesting bathroom-wise. I forced myself to eat - just plain turkey sandwiches but it was at least something. Legs were shaky, lots of anxiety. I spent the better part of the first week holed up in my bedroom watching TV.

As others have said we abused our bodies for so long that it's going to take time. Glad to hear your doctor is aware.

It DOES get better! Congrats on taking that first step!!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Denzel, just wanted to point one more thing out...many people besides alcoholics have fatty liver, so dont stress, at least it didnt progress into something worse. Your liver function will improve dramatically and in some cases some of the fatty liver can start to go away. You will begin to have more energy and an appetite in short order. We all have different systems and we all experience different ways in which the body rids itself of toxins and the brain amongst other organ begin to heal. they didnt build rome in a day, but everyday they made progress, and you will too....hang in there.