Notices

A prayer for the addicted...

Old 04-14-2014, 02:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
painless

Wink A prayer for the addicted...

PRAYER FOR THE ADDICTED

God of mercy, we bless you in the name of your Son, Jesus Christ, who ministered to all who come to Him. Give your strength to (name of the one I am praying for), who is bound by the chains of addiction. Enfold him/her in your love and restore him/her to freedom through your grace.

Lord, look with compassion on all those who have lost their health and have broken relationships because of their attachment to the object of their addiction. Restore to them the assurance of your unfailing mercy, and strengthen them in the work of recovery. To those who care for them, grant patient understanding and a love that perseveres.

Father, we ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
painless

I learned many years ago that God doesn't answer prayers that go like this... God, Please let me score the best dope today... God, Please dont let me get caught stealing this car so I can sell it and buy dope... God, Please dont let me get caught robbing this store so I can trade what I steal for drugs to feed my addiction... God does answer other heartfelt prayers such as the one i posted above. theres an app for i phone and android called LEARN HOW TO PRAY that really helped me to find myself and to pray right and have the right prayers answered. It was amazing how many prayers were truly answered once i learned how to pray... try it... u have nothing to lose and a wonderful thing to gain...
Old 04-14-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Thank you
Old 04-14-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

God grants your prayers, when it is His will, not any other time.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice prayer. Thanks
Old 04-15-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
painless

Smile

They say god will never give you more then you can handle. My beliefs are very strong in God as my higher power. I pray for all of us here daily... Im seeing beautiful things happen in my life but my hard work is making them happen and im sure my prayers are somehow guiding me... over a moth totally clean and sober and i feel great. im so ashamed of the mistakes I made and the loving people i hurt. doing all i can to repair my damages by manning up with full responsibility for my wrong doings and actions.. god bless us all.. i need you guys and your posts... love Painless