Notices

Day 8

Old 04-14-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8

I'm relieved to have made it over my first full week in a long time, but I could not have ever done this alone.

I was lining things up to make for supper tonight, digging around in my pantry, and there it was looking me in the face - an empty beer can I "hid" over a couple weeks ago. I took a hold of it, and said to myself "how sad is this". I put it in our recycling bin and continued on with the task at hand.

Hiding - I was "good" at hiding my drinking. Nothing I'm proud of, but I did it. And there wasn't a sole out there that really knew. Even my dearest friend was surprised when I told her I was back drinking heavily again.

The games we play to maintain alcoholism. If only we can work that hard on being sober. The key is "can" - we can. We. We need each other, we need support and we need to listen to those that have been through this. They are what helped provide the guidance, knowledge, and strength I needed to make it to day 8 and to look forward to joining AA, something I would never consider in the past.

Hugs to all. Be well!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations, majoram. I am so excited for you. You are so very right; we do need each other, no matter how long our sobriety.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

congrats on 8 days Marjoram. I dread I will be finding things for a while too. I discovered another empty today when out in the garden. They seem to be everywhere.

Keep up the good work. Good luck on your journey forward.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

keep going girl. It gets easier and so much better.
And when a craving hits start typing
Old 04-14-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Happy for you on your achievement!
Old 04-14-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great work, hiding drinks is a full-time job..I remember when moving a year ago, the things I found in the drawers....
Old 04-14-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I really appreciate the support - I know you understand the importance of it especially in these early days. I have a meeting for beginners to AA that is this Saturday at 10:00 a.m. It's the only one I have an opportunity to go to this week. It's not that I won't take the time, but it's 40 minutes from home. But, as nervous as I may be to a certain degree (I cry when I'm happy, I cry at a beautiful sunset, I cry when I hit a bird with my car going down the road...so you know what I'll be doing Saturday), I know this is good. And I know you will all be there with me in my heart, so it really means the world to me.

If I hit any bumps between now and then, yes I will be here typing.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 8 days sober! Keep on keepin' on.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Good for you! Your attitude will definitely take you far. Opening up your mind to do things you didn't do before is a good thing. I had to go outside of my comfort zone in order to start recovery.

Congrats on day 8!
Old 04-14-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Marjoram View Post
I'm relieved to have made it over my first full week in a long time, but I could not have ever done this alone.

I was lining things up to make for supper tonight, digging around in my pantry, and there it was looking me in the face - an empty beer can I "hid" over a couple weeks ago. I took a hold of it, and said to myself "how sad is this". I put it in our recycling bin and continued on with the task at hand.

Hiding - I was "good" at hiding my drinking. Nothing I'm proud of, but I did it. And there wasn't a sole out there that really knew. Even my dearest friend was surprised when I told her I was back drinking heavily again.

The games we play to maintain alcoholism. If only we can work that hard on being sober. The key is "can" - we can. We. We need each other, we need support and we need to listen to those that have been through this. They are what helped provide the guidance, knowledge, and strength I needed to make it to day 8 and to look forward to joining AA, something I would never consider in the past.

Hugs to all. Be well!
Congratulations on 8 days, I remember how good it felt to get that first week under my belt, well done and keep up the good work👍
Old 04-14-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations marjoram

D