Notices

90 and 90

Old 04-10-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

90 and 90

Does committing to a 90 meetings in 90 days really work? I never thought I would like NA meetings because of some past experiences with them but at this point in my life, I am ready to give it a go and be really serious about it too! Can someone please share their experience with committing themselves to do a 90 and 90? Is there anything else that I can do to better help me in my recovery along with the 90 and 90 or is this enough? I am also in an outpatient drug rehab 3x a week.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

No one else can say what will work for you.

Ninety meetings in ninety days worked for me and my wife a year and a half ago. I still go to meetings; she doesn't.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I did ninety in ninety. It helped a lot. I stayed sober for ten a half months afterwards and then relapsed. Was pout for three months and now have five months. However, it is because I stopped taking meetings seriously enough and I wasn't working any steps or other recovery program that I relapsed. I was only relying on meetings. I found that 90 in 90 helped because it gave me a regimen that was sorely lacking in my life. I had to commit to something and follow through. Fellowship with other people staying sober was important. I think it helps retrain your brain into different thinking patterns if that makes sense. When I got sober again I didn't do the ninety because I just couldn't. but I have committed to three meetings a week and come on here and reach out to other women in AA to tell them what is going on with me and if I have thoughts of drinking. Still working on working the steps though. That will come. I say if you can, give it a shot. What have you got to lose, really? I know I spent hours a day drinking. Always found time for that. One hour for a meeting is a drop in the bucket.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

@ruby2and ColdFusion, thanks for the feedback. I'm going to commit to do the 90 and 90, like you said, what do I have to lose. @ruby2, I'm sorry to hear about the relapse.after 10 months. At least you didn't stay out there but you got back in the saddle and that is encouraging to me.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

I hadn't commited to it, but I think I did it only cause I didn't want to be alone all day long and I wasn't working in early recovery. It helped me find someone who's pain I could relate to and who helped to guide me through those steps.

The steps are the program of action.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The whole point in 90 in 90 is that you immerse yourself in NA which gives you a goal and also means that you will hear a load of shares, read a load of literature which will hopefully then inspire you to get a sponsor and work the steps which us the solution in NA.

It has been posted that if you just go to meetings NA doesn't claim to work for everyone but if you actually go and work the steps that claims to rarely fail as written in the NA Big Book.

Just to clarify once more if you want to recover from your addictions go to NA, get a sponsor who has worked the steps and recovered themselves, do the work, and hey presto no more addiction. I managed to get all this done in first 4 months. Good luck:-)
Old 04-11-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Let me know what you think after your first 90 in 90.