Notices

Need rehab

Old 04-11-2014, 04:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need rehab

Ive come to the realization that I cant do this on my own, and seeing a doctor today and contacted a alcoholism unit, I'll be dead if they dont send me somewhere and feel I need to be in a place where I cant touch alcohol.

Been on it over a week and drinking to function but then blacking out, had a job interview yesterday, felt I needed a drink to get there, once I started in a pub that serves at 9am and I couldnt stop and missed the interview for the job that I would have had a good chance of getting all because of alcohol.

Feel terrible today but its the wake up call Ive needed for a while and there are no doubts anymore that sadly im a chronic alcoholic and I can never drink alcohol.

Managed three and a half months over xmas and thought Id beaten it but its true what they say in AA about it being a progressive illness, its got REALLY bad and I need some sort of intervention.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes to you 12Step

D
Old 04-11-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations in seeing a clearer view of what's happening to you regarding your alcohol intake. We only get better when we leave it in the jug.
It took me too long to realize this before I was sparked into action and went to a rehab. I'd suggest your saving this post to read if you ever start thinking the dishonest ideas that it wasn't that bad or I'll only have one.
I have burnt into my memory the thought "If I don't have the first drink I won't have to get sober AGAIN."

BE WELL
Old 04-11-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good luck!!!!!
Old 04-11-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling 1stepup, but proud of you for digging deeper to conquer this addiction. I pray that rehab is the key to turning your life around for good, 1stepup, and that life will bring you the peace and happiness you deserve.