Notices

Sober Weekend April11/12/13 - Weasel's Weekend Off!

Old 04-12-2014, 11:10 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Ruby ,
recovery always seems to go a bit quiet in what for the UK is spring leading into summer .
I think a lot of people try to quit around christmas and new year, other than those who are "just ready" it kinda quietens down for a while ..

Having said that it's easter bank holiday here in the UK next week , we get good friday off and also monday in lieu for easter sunday

In the UK somehow rabbits give us easter eggs. In france, when i lived there, bells fly out from rome and dispatch easter eggs to people .

Blue skies and sunshine in the SE of london … i need coffee , check in with you all later .

I'm in for a sober sunday . wooooOOOOoooo

Bestwishes, m
Old 04-13-2014, 03:31 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I am looking forward to a warm, lazy day today. :-)
Old 04-13-2014, 04:02 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good morning everyone!

Bit cloudy and cool here but otherwise a beautiful sober day!

I think I am going to do a whopping nothing today! Nada... Zip... And I will be busy every second today doing it well!

K

Bacon.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:05 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I slept like a stone. 9 hours. That's like 2 night's sleep for me.

OK, a little reading, a lot of bacon and then back at the shed. I am trying to make it so that the door boards align with the wall boards, and it is taking longer than expected. I got one side finished yesterday, but I had planned to do them both in a day. Here is the finished side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
shed-door.jpg (48.1 KB, 43 views)
Old 04-13-2014, 04:12 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good work non!
Old 04-13-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

My post poofed.
looks good nons. I gave you my 4 hours last night, I took your insomia. Pics of my glass tile splash are on whiners...I did not do the work, I just write the checks.
hey weasey! I have missed you.
no bacon here,but skirt steak grilled veggies and fajitas.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Shed looks great, Non!

Good morning, everybody. I went to the gourmet supermarket yesterday (Saturday) afternoon at 4pm and it was packed. The huge wine department was hosting a wine tasting. I knew better, of course--but I did feel a pang. Fortunately, I was grubby, so I didn't want to get too close to the people who were clustering about.

So three cheers for poor hygiene! Isn't that usually a drunkenness thing, not a sobriety thing?
Old 04-13-2014, 05:22 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Enjoying my sober sunday! It's sunny in London and feeling like spring
Old 04-13-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Thanks M. I think you are right. People also do tend to get busier when it is nice out.

Nice shed Non. Lovely work. You must have or are finding a lot of patience to get the pattern aligned. Fortified by bacon, of course.

I will be going to my usual 8 a.m. meeting. Then church. Then my parent's for my dad's 70th birthday get together. Just us kids and grand kids this this time. I didn't get him a gift. I am always stumped because what do you get for someone who has everything? And who buys what he wants when he sees it and doesn't put it on a wish list? Now I feel guilty. Ten years ago for 60 my brother and I went in together to a buy a painting he had admired in an antiques shop but didn't actually buy. If I could buy him a new heart I would.

I also have to squeeze in some time for grocery shopping. Time. All we ever need is time and it just slips away.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Looks good NON.
Now, you're pssssng me off. I have to start that mulch bin I've been planning for the past three years - wife doesn't believe me anymore.

Looks like you used 1x6 pressure treated??? Hope you used same boards in each run. Also, for the other side, make sure the grain is aligned so that when they "cup" the edges do not start to protrude away from the framing. Would rather have the "middle' than the 'sides' pull away. If you've seen a pressure treated deck after a couple years, you know what I mean.
Well, since I didn't do any yard work yesterday. Looks like that's my day. Didn't do steaks on grill, chicken instead.
I was going to go fishing early to get a couple trout. But I used up my fishing time on the forum.
I'd like to see this kid pull it off in the masters today. That would be so cool.
Sounds like everyone else is doing a great job this weekend! Keep it up.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Ok.... I love bacon... But someone has to take a bit of a stand for those who are herbivores!

A nice caprese salad! I love to add chopped hard salami for a bit of crunch...

Old 04-13-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Morning, nice looking shed Nons. And some tasty looking breakfasts out there as well.

This morning I grabbed breakfast out at a little cafe on the ocean. It was really nice to smell the heavy marine air and it was awesome to see all the surfers out early. I walked the beach for miles. Now I'm back home and the morning has become overcast. After mountain biking through the canyons yesterday and driving all over town, today is a perfect day to relax. Time to brew a cup of coffee, watch a ball game, and sleep off my big breakfast this afternoon. Ahhhh....
Old 04-13-2014, 11:06 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Settling in to watch the Masters now. A great way to end a great sober weekend. The leaderboard is tight at the top, should be a cracking final day!
Old 04-13-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Wow, what a difference a day makes!

It's incredibly gorgeous here in the Pacific Northwest and I put away my attitude from yesterday and went out to catch some of that sunshine!

I started off with a disgustingly huge breakfast at one of my favorite places... had to put the leftovers in two boxes! I'm at the local bookstore catching up on SR posts and am about to go check out some books. I'm feeling like my old self again today.

Here's to another wonderful sober Sunday!
Old 04-13-2014, 02:42 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

How we doing Sunday Sober Weekenders?!!

Masters Golf is certainly heating up!!
Old 04-13-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by purpleknight View Post
How we doing Sunday Sober Weekenders?!! Masters Golf is certainly heating up!!
It looks like it's Bubba's to win
Old 04-13-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

This little bush has promised to supply me with loads of raspberries!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-3024642813.jpg (70.5 KB, 25 views)
Old 04-13-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Happy with my progress on the shed. I think I can finish it next weekend if the weather cooperates.

Great dinner. Chicken on the grill by yours truly. Roasted potatoes, broccoli, and spinach salad by Mrs Non. *Musical* accompaniment by our German Shepherd who barks at everything.

Beer fantasies late this afternoon courtesy of my AV. One or two on the deck would be nice. Yup, but those 13 or 15 I'd have to have after that are murder. I know how this works, so nice try sh!7bag!
Non ==> <==Non's AV

A little MLB and then Game of Thrones at 9 pm and another sober weekend is in the books!
Old 04-13-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Another weekend sober! It amazes me to think how I used to just waste away weekends like this either too drunk too function or too hungover to be worth anything.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Sometimes I beat myself up for not getting as much done on the weekend as I think I should now that I'm sober. Anybody else do that? It's hard for me to relax and not feel guilty if everything is not perfectly clean and tidy. Probably why I drank so purposefully!