Notices

Thank you, Opivotal

Old 04-10-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you, Opivotal

Thank you, Opivotal.

For many on SR, the Tuesday and Friday night meetings are a vital connection to others seeking freedom from addiction. It's been our tremendous fortune to have Opivotal chair the Friday meetings.

As you may have seen in the Chat Forum today, Opi is stepping down. This is a well-earned transition; she has chaired meetings weekly since 2011.

Opi has brought a wonderful blend of compassion, wisdom and encouragement to her role. Anyone who has had the opportunity to take part in the meetings -- and I encourage SRers to give them a try if they haven't -- knows that her commitment to helping others is boundless. She is a genuine advocate for all who seek a healthy, sober life. Thanks to her leadership and integrity, participants know they are not alone -- and that sobriety and recovery are truly within everyone's reach.

I'm grateful to Opi -- and to Heather, the Tuesday night chair. The meetings have played an instrumental role in my sobriety so far; it's hard to believe that just a few months ago, I had no idea such a resource existed.

This wonderful resource wouldn't exist without the labor of love that Opi has brought to SR. I consider her a friend.

Thanks, too, to Huntingtontx, SR's new Friday chair. It is a major commitment of time and spirit. She's going to do a great job!

I encourage all my fellow SRers to stop for a moment and contemplate how lucky we are that this amazing crew of volunteers is so dedicated to helping us. For a moment, I thought of writing "where would we be without them?" but, on second thought, I'd rather not!

Thank you, Opivotal, Heather, Huntingtontx and all who keep SR going strong on our behalf.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd like to add my congratulations too Opi. You do so much you make me look lazy

Best wishes to you too Huntington - I'm sure you'll do a great job

and as always - thanks for all you do Heather - it's much apopreciated by many of us here

D
Old 04-10-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

I agree with all that. I have seen some wonderful coaching and awesome moderating both done with a kindness and generosity of spirit from our Opi. It takes a very rare person to do that, Opi, and you did it so well. You helped so many people, you should be so proud of that.

Thank you.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ditto what Dee said. Opi is wonderful, has covered things I'm responsible for and does a great job.

Love to Opi and all who keep SR running and supportive!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-10-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Opivotal is AWESOME and it was honestly a pleasure to have met her thru the chat room. Thank you for your dedication and hard work!

Awesome thread Venecia!

Now everyone change their font to an array of colors different from the ones you used in chat...she really likes it when you change it up like that!!

Peg Leg....
Old 04-10-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
Peg Leg....

Too funny, Weaver!

Thank you, again, dear Opi!
Old 04-10-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
Peg Leg....
Oh, Weaver. Priceless!

Our moments in chats and meetings provide lots of support and encouragement. And laughs.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Oh, Weaver. Priceless!

Our moments in chats and meetings provide lots of support and encouragement. And laughs.
Agreed.

Couldn't ask for a better group!
Old 04-10-2014, 08:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Thank you Opi for everything you have done for us in the chat meetings and with your never ending support.

I hope you will still be here to lend us your considerable kind wisdom.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

for doing that wonderful service all that time
Old 04-11-2014, 12:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
I'm grateful to Opi -- and to Heather, the Tuesday night chair. The meetings have played an instrumental role in my sobriety so far;
For me too. I don't know what I would do without those meetings. I went crazy for about 4 months because of my new job and the hours I had I couldn't go to either one .

Chat is a great resource, for any newbies out there, use it. Lots of support there and these people make sure it is a safe place to go.

Go Hunt! You will be great at it.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Opi I'd like to give you a big cheer! I don't do the meetings but I do participate in lots of threads that you kindly mod, your presence at SR helps make our experience the great one it is. Thank you.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you so very much my beautiful SR friends!

You've given me more than I can ever give back. I appreciate and love each and every one of you for trusting me to share your most private thoughts each week. I feel humbled, if I've played a small part in your recovery.

You guys are amazing!

Heather and Ladybug ... I love you both for continuing to give back tirelessly and I appreciate your support more than I can say.

Huntingtontx, you have an amazing experience coming your way... our members here will teach you more than you thought possible.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Opi, you know how much your hard work at SR is appreciated. You do so very much to keep Chat running smoothly and handling the meetings. Thank you for all you do!

And, Huntingtontx, thanks for offering to help with the meetings.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
apo

you know i m a newcomer and i met, no read is more suitable opi in couple of posts
so i dont really know much of what is said above
i really liked her posts and i really like that she is a cat lover as i am
But really reading all these posts and the love and admiration of members really makes me happy that there are people that give so much to others.