Notices

Help please opiate withdrawl

Old 04-10-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help please opiate withdrawl

I am a hydro oxy user had back surgery dec 4th been on off t years 20-120 mg daily
I need to get off them im out i have visteril gabapentin valuim and lopidine how do
I do this i have to work

Help please

Old 04-10-2014, 12:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Hi, Jaylinae. Have you talked with your doctor about this? We cannot give medical advice here. Please call your doctor.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes i have im seeing what help
helps
Old 04-10-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have no experience with the medications you mentioned, but I did just get myself off of opiates, so I can tell you a few of the things that eased the process a bit. No matter how bad I felt, getting into a hot bath eased nearly all of my symptoms, at least for the time I was in the tub. I watched a lot of movies on a laptop from the bathtub. If you have access to a sauna, that also seemed to help me feel a bit better. I also think it may have helped me sweat out the poison a bit faster. I flooded my system with water, and tried to do something at least a bit physical every day, even if it was just walking around my block, though it often seemed like too much work.
I hope that helps a bit.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks sweetheart how long did it take
Old 04-10-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR jaylinae

Even tho we can't give you medical advice here, you will find a lot of support

D
Old 04-10-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I need it im terrified starts tom im out
Old 04-10-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I did it the long way. I weaned myself over about three weeks, initially cutting myself by a third, and continuing from there until I was down to one small dose each day. I felt pretty lousy over the course of those weeks, but when I stopped entirely it actually wasn't too bad. It's been 9 days, and I still feel a bit strange, but not sick.
If you have a doctor you're working with, I did not, maybe he or she can help you figure out the best way for you to do this.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

We also have a substance abuse forum you may want to check out for more support and experience Jaylinae

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 04-10-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, and I hope you continue to post.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks guys!!! Im seeing my dr in the morning but im still terrified of this how ill feel
I have to work i have a 5 year old ugh scares me
Old 04-10-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I was scared, too. Terrified really. That was one of the worst parts of the whole thing. It's not going to be fun, but you can get through it.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh goodness that scares me more
Old 04-10-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Try not to get too spun out over it. Think of it this way, you said you have a 5 year old, did you give birth to that child? That's physically way harder than this, and for a lot of women, every bit as terrifying, there's just no choice but to go through it. Try to approach this the same way.
I spent a lot of the time I felt sick from getting off of opiates trying to tap into the rhythm of the sensations I was experiencing while detaching from any value judgements about them. Does that make sense? I tried hard not to register them as either good or bad, but to sort of just surrender to them in a physical sense, like if a muscle started to cramp, rather than tensing up and resisting it, I just tried to relax into the rhythm of it.
These are the lessons I learned spending 3 1/2 days having a baby, but they have served me well through other things, like broken bones and getting off of opiates.
Nothing truly worth having comes easy, but you can do this.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank sweetie that was beautifully put! I just hope some meds help any meds help any of you?
Old 04-10-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I did use a variety of supplements (the Thomas recipe, you can find it on the internet) and a homeopathic restless leg remedy. I found 24 hour sudafed helpful, since I felt like I had the flu, and that's what it's for.
The thing that got me through it more than anything was knowing I had to stop now. My self loathing had peaked, I kept forgetting if I'd taken my dose or just thought about taking it, so I'd take it again. There were several times I went to sleep thinking I probably would never wake up, and only cared that someone would have to find me, and I was leaving a messy house. I hadn't yet done anything that went against my basic sense of morality to get drugs, but I feared it was coming. I hit my limit.
This place is incredibly helpful, and I've found so much support here. You will to. I have confidence that you can do this.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you dear!! I just need some help on what i can do to help me get threw it and not be a fricken
Puddle mess. I have valium perscribed gaba perscribed and visteril perscribed im just so scared.