Notices

Old 04-09-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is this forum for parents of someone who is still using? Right now my daughter (26) is doing better as she isn't using 'hard' drugs. . but there is increase in alcohol and pot. On one hand I am in charge of her money and I vehemently don't like the use of the money to go in this direction ( she has a charge card - no cash). So I have addressed all of her money going for gaming on her phone and my daughter became very combative with that issue. So the next issue that I will need to address is her buying alcohol. Since she does have a mental illness (borderline personality disorder, anxiety, adhd, ptsd) she obviously is using the alcohol and pot, to cope and numb out. She has had extensive mental health help and refuses to use the skills. She isn't cutting as much since she has the alcohol and pot and I know once I address is all hell will break loose! Anyone has any suggestions or been through the same thing?
Old 04-09-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome!

This is the right forum to get to know the place, but you will also find posts in the Friends and Family Section:

The Alcoholism and Addictions Help Forums- by SoberRecovery.com

As an addict with some mental issues, I was very stubborn. All assistance and services offered were useless until I was ready to quit using. But since quitting I have found a great deal of help and support here at SoberRecovery.

Best wishes!

CF
Old 04-09-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome joykr

There are a lot of people here with experience help and support - I'm really glad you've found us

D
Old 04-09-2014, 08:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks I look forward to hearing more.