Notices

I am crying for help

Old 04-11-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I am drinking now to evade the wiithdrawals.
I know I will be ok. I just this one is going to be really bad. Cant go to rehab because noboby will accetect my insurane
Old 04-11-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can stop drinking, withdrawals or no, and work on getting sober again. You did it before, you can do it again!
Old 04-11-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
I am drinking now to evade the wiithdrawals.
I know I will be ok. I just this one is going to be really bad. Cant go to rehab because noboby will accetect my insurane
If you have insurance you can at least see a GP or even the emergency room to seek assistance if you need it. Did you take the advice of others yesterday and call one of your AA numbers to let them know you need help? Even though you may think they are not your friends, their mission is to help others that need it - and I think you need it now more than ever. Please be safe and do whatever it takes to quit drinking.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:59 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thinking of you 2muchpain. We know you can rise above this awful time and have a happy, healthy life. Never give up.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

A huge hug sent your way, I know you can come back to sobriety, you did it before for almost three months....You can do this...the alcohol is doing you no favors.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Have you considered hospitalization? I don't know where you are, but in the US if you go to a hospital and tell them you want to hurt yourself, you get to stay for a minimum of 72 hours in most cases. You are hurting yourself, they might be able to help you.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

some good ideas there-hoping you'll take one.sending positive energy your way!
Old 04-11-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

2Much,

You reached out for help. Please continue to do so. It's okay too cry. I cry for happy, cry for sad. It's okay. Please let us help you if we can. Go to a meeting, call your sponsor, do whatever it takes. This is a time where we all can use some extra help. I'm sending a big ole Bear hug your way. Please return one when you can.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Ok the virtual hugs don't appear to be working! Get to a meeting, you don't have to go through this alone or without real life support:-)
Old 04-11-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

When did you have your last drink? If you need to get to a doctor or go straight to the ER. They'll help you with your withdrawal. Then when you can, go to a meeting. One thing at a time.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Originally Posted by Amazingglazier View Post
Here's a big Hug 2Much, sorry I haven't got back to you before this , I just got out of jail as I was sentenced on my 2011 DWI charge, no computers in there and REALLY CRAPPY food, LOL! Hold on , keep your chin up and stay sober! Bobby
You are an inspiration to us all, Bobby. I am glad to be your friend xxxx
Old 04-11-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I just a hug
Huggles, huggles, huggles xxxxxx
Old 04-11-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

At least you know we feel your pain, having been there too. Don't give up, sweetie. It is NEVER to late to turn it all around. Massive hugs AGAIN xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 04-11-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Doing ok but still drinking to avoid withdrawals.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

2Much you know you got to stop the drinking! Withdrawals be damned, it is your life on the line! We are all pulling for you here on SR , and I'm pulling for you personally. PM me and we can talk!If you want. Stay strong and be Well, and put the damn drink down so you can live not just exist! Bobby
Old 04-11-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Doing ok but still drinking to avoid withdrawals.
So is your plan just to keep drinking then? You do have several other options.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
If you have insurance you can at least see a GP or even the emergency room to seek assistance if you need it. Did you take the advice of others yesterday and call one of your AA numbers to let them know you need help? Even though you may think they are not your friends, their mission is to help others that need it - and I think you need it now more than ever. Please be safe and do whatever it takes to quit drinking.
Actually I have good insurance. Pays for almost anything, but few places where I live now actually heard of it. One lady at clinic that I went to get some blood work done called it one those weird insurances when its just as good as Blue Cross, etc. Got it when I retired and was part of my pension plan. You wouldn't believe how great I am treated at hospitals I go to, and it isn't because of my great personality. It's actually a joke that rehabs don't want to deal with it. Go figure.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

ps. I do have a GP and know the ER at the hospital wiil take it. I know this because I ended up in the ER because of a severe burn on my legs and groin due to spilling my dinner from my crockpot when I was drunk. Lessoned learned was don't play with hot things when drinking. Still have scars from this that happened last October. I looked like a mummy from my waist down for two weeks. I would go shopping and I noticed people looking at me. Than I noticed the bandages coming out at the bottom of my legs. Try shopping and holding bandages at the same time, groceries in one hand and bandages in the other and I'm not a multitasker. lol
Old 04-11-2014, 08:55 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Maybe, instead of rehab right now, you should look for detox facilities. They will help you detox safely and when you leave, you will have no alcohol in your system. After that, you can consider rehab or maybe IOP. The first step is to get you clean and sober safely.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:58 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

ps. I do have a GP and know the ER at the hospital wiil take it. I know this because I ended up in the ER because of a severe burn on my legs and groin due to spilling my dinner from my crockpot when I was drunk. Lessoned learned was don't play with hot things when drinking. Still have scars from this that happened last October. I looked like a mummy from my waist down for two weeks. I would go shopping and I noticed people looking at me. Than I noticed the bandages coming out at the bottom of my legs. Try shopping and holding bandages at the same time, groceries in one hand and bandages in the other and I'm not a multitasker. lol
So then guess the next obvious question is why don't you use your great insurance and see your GP to get some help? I would be willing to bet he/she knows a way to get you into a program of some kind.