Notices

Help please - ready to drink.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Rar, you drink and you will add another problem to the mix, those high liver enzymes you spoke of when you came here to begin with. You came here for a reason. Try to remember what that was. WE alcoholics seem to have very short term memories when it comes to remembering what brought us here.

You will regret it in the morning and if you go back out you may never make it back and all those problems will still be there , but on top of that all the guilt shame and remorse and whatever other consequences are added.

Think it through carefully.

Feelings pass, they always pass!!! But the consequences of using could last a life time.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by LooseGrip View Post
I am sorry to hear you are in such physical pain. You didn't say if your husband is alcoholic too? I can only encourage you to give it some time. Talk to your doctor about relief and try to deal with one thing at a time. Drinking will numb for awhile and then it will be worse, as you know. You will be hungover, withdrawing physically much more ill and depressed. Is it worth it?
My husband is not an alcoholic, though many years ago he did have a drinking problem. He can give or take beer. As soon as he eats something, he is able to stop drinking. I was starting to drink rather than eat and then continue drinking after he went to bed. Then when I was ready for bed, I would reheat dinner and eat. Because he was in bed, he didn't know how much I was drinking.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Rar

I agree Deeker. If I drink, I will initially try to moderate like so many others have done and then be right back at drinking 5-8 per night. If it weren't for those liver enzymes, I would probably still be drinking. I think if I had my enzymes checked again and they were normal, I would be encouraged to continue to not drink. Maybe I should ask my doc to recheck.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Rar! Life really throws it at ya sometimes, huh? I'm amazed sometimes at how many things can go wrong at once....it's like the first thing sets off the next and then your whole world spirals out of control...and it's totally unrelated! We live in a weird universe...
I'm sorry you're not feeling well....everything is worse when we are in pain...naturally your desire to drink is....
PLEASE remember it will make all your painful symptoms WORSE...I've had alcohol blatantly exacerbate things in my body...I'm so glad it's out of my life....If there's a problem in your body, alcohol WILL go directly to it AND stop at nothing to make it worse AND could cause serious further problems...You DEFINITELY don't need anything else to bring you pain
Know you are not alone...we all struggle with that temptation for one reason or another. I will be praying for you and for total recovery in and out XO
I'm so proud of you for making it to day 69, I can't wait to be there! Push through and PLEASE tell us what day 70 is like and how good it feels to have done the RIGHT thing for you body, mind, and spirit XOXO
Old 04-09-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Rar

I suffer with chronic conditions too.

Drinking won't make you less anxious - it may make you more so and impact moreon your breathing....it may also contribute to your arthritis....

Some days are worse than others - I try to think of the good things in my life. I'm sure you can find some

If you feel concerned about your health it's perfectly ok to go see your Dr again, or even get a second opinion

I believe you can deal with this sober - stay with us Rar

D
Old 04-09-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Rar

I am less weepy than I was earlier today. All of you wonderful folks have helped me salvage the day in remaining alcohol free. Many thanks to you for your words of wisdom and heartfelt support.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Rar. Why not see what 70 days feels like? I guarantee you'll feel proud of yourself tomorrow morning for not giving in tonight.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Very glad to hear the good news Rar.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Rar I did want to say that I am so proud of you because you did exactly what you needed to do. You used this site when you really needed it and you just proved that it works when you post a thread titled I want to drink, help me.

Gosh I suggest that to so many people, cuz it does work and feelings do change.

And you just proved that. It makes me so happy!
Old 04-09-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by deeker View Post
Rar I did want to say that I am so proud of you because you did exactly what you needed to do. You used this site when you really needed it and you just proved that it works when you post a thread titled I want to drink, help me.

Gosh I suggest that to so many people, cuz it does work and feelings do change.

And you just proved that. It makes me so happy!
At first I was embarrassed to post because others have so many more serious issues than I, but nonetheless I almost drank because of them. If I hadn't posted and if I hadn't received so much help and support, I would have continued in self pity and eventually drank. On some other days I struggled and was miserable, but hung in there with determination. Today was the first time I came so close to picking up that drink.