Notices

Day count going slowly...

Old 04-09-2014, 08:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day count going slowly...

I'm on day 15. I feel very good. I'm very focused on my day count and it seems to be going slowly. It reminds me of when I was pregnant and kept track of days and weeks.

16 days feels like it was forever ago but it really wasn't.

Any advice on other things to focus on in addition to day count or how to shift my thinking a bit.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel like the day count drags on too...

but here I am at Day 102!!

I try to focus on the good stuff I'm doing in life and living healthy and taking the next best right step in life that I can....

I've gotten a few points lately where I haven't even thought about what day I was on for several days in a row....

Old 04-09-2014, 08:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Days do seem to drag by in the beginning which I was why I counted hours; they mount up more quickly and so, psychologically anyway, I felt I was making more progress.

Focusing on eating in a more healthful fashion and getting some exercise may help you not only physically but emotionally. Do you like to read or do crossword puzzles? There are some great articles here on SR to read.

Keep going, Pamperingme; 15 (360 hours) days is great progress.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done for making it this far! I can imagine time does go slowly but that's a fab start
Old 04-09-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

It wasn't the counting that made the days go slow for me in the beginning. It was discontent with my sobriety, which I wanted to call boredom, but it really wasn't, because drinking isn't an activity.

I didn't stop counting...I just stopped counting them as days I didn't drink and shifted to counting them sober days to be enjoyed.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Stay busy! Easier said then done I'm on day 80 an I'm still looking for more hobbies. Working out is by far the best thing for me
Old 04-09-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I don't count the days personally. I just live my life and try to find happyness in the little things I have arround me. My 7 year old son, and my new puppy.

I have no expectations right now, all that matters is that I'm sober.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for your responses. I went a meeting at lunch. A lot of women speakers. Very good.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PamperingMe View Post
Thanks for your responses. I went a meeting at lunch. A lot of women speakers. Very good.
I have found that announcing my day count when I introduce myself at new meetings makes me feel really good. I'm on day 18 and when I tell my day count people seem to really surround me with support much more than if I do not say anything at all.
The day count can be frustrating - but then again, a lot of things are frustrating during these early days of sobriety.

Also- come join the March 2014 club! You will find several of us in there at a similar point in our sobriety.