Notices

Can someone please explain the logic?

Old 04-08-2014, 09:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can someone please explain the logic?

I feel guilty for eating a 12in sub and then eating the top layer of a cinnamon bun cake with cream frosting. I ferl guilty because its so many bad calories, however, before I could justify all the calories that I drank in red wine in a night. Is this the alcoholic part of my mind talking or am I just crazy?
Old 04-08-2014, 09:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think you are crazy for not getting the white chocolate chip cookies with your Subway.
As drunks, we could all justify our consumption and drinking activity.
Not crazy at all. Quite common amongst us boozers.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It reminds me of my early days of being sober - I was still buying the cheapo nasty grocery lines to save money, but I used to think nothing of spending $50-60 or more on booze.

Mrs Dee cured me of that and I buy good quality groceries now lol

D
Old 04-08-2014, 09:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You aren't crazy and it's not the alcoholic part of your brain. Sometimes there is no logic because we are socialized in ways that don't make sense. I know of people who are super conscious about their diets such as being vegetarians, buying organic food and cleansing regularly but yet they don't blink an eye at regularly going out and getting black out drunk on beer. Heaven forbid they eat "bad" calories but drinking beer to excess is socially accepted as a matter of boasting how messed up they got.

Red velvet chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting was a life saver during those early days of sobriety. To top that off, I'd also pick up chips and other junk food and dig into that on the walk home from the store before tearing into the cake.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

I think it's the alcoholic brain - we can always justify something we really want.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It can be a lot factors, for some they may quit drinking but obtain a food addiction.. for me i have adhd and i get compulsive with eating junk food, caffiene ect.. i honestly ask for my higherpowers help everymorning.. i somehow havent smoked in 60 days drank.. stayed away from coffee for a week. but please dont feel bad. your doing great and your not drinking.. easy does it..
Old 04-08-2014, 10:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had chocolate ice cream with my lunch and again after dinner..guilty as charged!