SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Going to rehab (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/328471-going-rehab.html)

Muunray 04-08-2014 08:47 PM

Yeah!
I know it's hard but kicking nicotine the same time you quit drinking increases the success of quitting alcohol. And nicotine is a pesticide...
Anyways, have fun! Intensive therapy to quit an addiction is a great gift!

Rar 04-08-2014 08:55 PM

Best wishes MrG. This is a wonderful opportunity for you. You'll be well equipped to begin your new life.

deeker 04-08-2014 09:47 PM

Ur going to recovery college!! I am going to go work on your Certificate :)

MariahGayle 04-08-2014 09:56 PM

((((Hugs))) Mr G!!

Sulu1 04-10-2014 08:03 AM

Well after rocking up to rehab I was swiftly sent packing. I was told that because I've already detoxed I'm not a high enough priority to go in. So oh well, back to the drawing board.

Mrsbee 04-10-2014 08:10 AM

Sorry to hear that MrG :( If your heart is set on going, I wonder if there is another treatment facility that would be willing to take you? My husband was fully detoxed before he was admitted into treatment, so that's kind of strange that they would give you the boot based on that reason. Now, he did have to wait over a week for a bed to open, but they absolutely didn't outright deny him admittance into the rehab facility just because of the fact that he already had detoxed. Best of luck to you!

Sulu1 04-10-2014 08:13 AM

I'm going to have a good think about it. It was a bit of a rushed decision anyway and the costs were huge.

Apparently there are some similar outpatient rehab facilities in my local area so I could still go to work hopefully. Might be an idea but who knows.

Off to a meeting to vent!

Chasingthedream 04-10-2014 08:45 AM

That must be a blow, hopefully you can sort out an outpatient facility. Whatever you do, you're obviously committed which is great.

Wishing you well

Mrsbee 04-10-2014 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Chasingthedream (Post 4582444)
That must be a blow, hopefully you can sort out an outpatient facility. Whatever you do, you're obviously committed which is great.

Wishing you well

Agreed. Actually, the place my husband went to did his outpatient afterwards and he got just as much out of that (if not more) as he did inpatient. Great to see you so committed to your recovery!!!! The good news is you don't have to worry about being away from SR now, at least for the time being :) We all already missed you and you weren't even gone yet haha!:ring

Sulu1 04-10-2014 09:27 AM

It is kinda crazy though. If I'd turned up steaming drunk mid bender I'd have been straight in! I have found a place that does just rehab for half the price so I might look into that.

If not some outpatient aftercare. After 3 years of asking and battling depression I have finally got my Doc to refer me to a psychiatrist. Unfortunately just throwing tablets at me although helps a small amount, doesn't solve the underlying cause.

I had a short counselling session at the detox centre actually for free. I've never had one before and I had no idea how much stuff was buried in my head that I needed to get out. So I'll look into some private counselling as well.

Apart from that I'm okay, slightly disappointed though. Was impressed by the facility actually, was very welcoming, plenty of activities and leisure things too like pool tables, swimming etc. I was even planning what I wanted to eat from the menu! Sigh, hopefully I'll get the help I need and wiith a heavy heart, never have to go near the place again.

Some guy was being admitted as I was taking a look round actually. The poor guy was at deaths door. His son had brought him, he must have been about 60 and he'd been to rehab many times. He was in for a very severe detox, I wish him well and hope he gets through the night safely. He certainly has some great people to help him.

toddle118 04-10-2014 09:32 AM

I completely missed this thread, hope youre ok MrG, I didnt realise things had got so bad for you :(...hugs, I really hope you can find somewhere that you can go to as an outpatient if full rehab isnt an option. Best of luck to you x

Adnamaeel 04-10-2014 09:49 AM

I'm sorry that option didn't work out, but it sounds like you've found some other good resources. I hope one of them proves to be a perfect fit for you.

Dee74 04-10-2014 02:26 PM

I'm glad you're actively looking at other options MrG :)

D

Carlotta 04-10-2014 02:33 PM

I am sorry Mr G but glad you are looking for options. I know that in some States, the only way to get help for low cost rehab or if you are uninsured or low income is to show up very drunk (even if someone's drug of choice is not alcohol).
Don't give up, something will come up if you keep being determined :)

sugarbear1 04-10-2014 02:50 PM

why not get to an AA meeting? might be where you are needed?

deeker 04-10-2014 02:50 PM

Were you going to rehab or detox? I thought you were doing an inpatient rehab, treatment center.

Detox is not really treatment, they just detox you from the stuff. AA is a way and the cheapest therapy out there.

Sulu1 04-10-2014 04:00 PM

It was both a detox and a rehab.

I've been to an AA meeting today and going to another in the morning :)

lovemesomeokra 04-10-2014 04:46 PM

You know what I like best about this post, MrG? You didn't say, "I just suffered a severe disappointment so **** it, I'm gonna go get hammered." Instead, you said, "I just suffered a severe disappointment. Off to a meeting to vent!" And then you WENT to the meeting and are planning to go to another one in the morning. I do believe you are setting a fine example of working your recovery. That is inspiring and I hereby deem you my hero of the day, thanks.