Notices

Day 50 and tired!!

Old 04-07-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 50 and tired!!

I have to ask, when will I stop being tired????? This has been a great 50 days and I'm really happy to be not drinking, but with a 7 hour sleep, I drag out of bed in the morning. Is this normal? I have no other physical effects from not drinking except this one. I am not even considering restarting, but would like to know how long it takes to detox. I know there is a wide range for this, would just love to hear a few- "for me it was.......".

Thanks to all in advance!

jk
Old 04-07-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe it's time for a checkup with your doctor. Congrats on 50 days!
Old 04-07-2014, 12:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi jkirk. For me it was about 3 months to recover from all I had put my poor body through. It took a little longer to feel really good again. We beat ourselves up rather badly and need time to heal. I remember feeling really exhausted in the beginning. Congrats on your 50 days!
Old 04-07-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 100.... STILL TIRED!!!!

workouts aren't as zippy.... feeling fatigued all the damn time.....

I have better days here and there so it's not all doom and gloom but it's been a tough one.

I think I need to knock off the dang caffeine as I'm still stuck in that loop and it's contributing to lousy sleep patterns and that's probably part of the cycle. Also need to get back to REGULAR RUNNING... that really helps my energy levels and sleep...

hang in there, try experimenting with diet and exercise and be patient!
Old 04-07-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I still feel tired. Apparently according to someone who wrote into one of my posts, they were tired for the first 6 months. I think our brains need lots of help to recuperate from years of abuse.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

welcome back, 50 days is a milestone. I just turned 100 today. I can say that depends on many factors. After 2 months I was tired and unmotivated to do anything. The only time I left the house was to go to a meeting or IOP. You'll come around I'm sure. Just don't get too hung up on that lazy feeling. You will grow out of it. But I found that just 'waiting' for it to happen is not enough. You have to force yourself to do something - anything. Once you get away from that lull you'll discover energy you didn't think you had. The trick is to not fool yourself into staying the way you feel.
Just get outside at least. Breathing fresh air does wonders.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Ten years on I still have the odd day when trying to get out of bed is like carting a load of iron. But it's better than being six sheets to the wind and it does pas xxx
Old 04-07-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by jkirk View Post
I have to ask, when will I stop being tired????? This has been a great 50 days and I'm really happy to be not drinking, but with a 7 hour sleep, I drag out of bed in the morning. Is this normal? I have no other physical effects from not drinking except this one. I am not even considering restarting, but would like to know how long it takes to detox. I know there is a wide range for this, would just love to hear a few- "for me it was.......".

Thanks to all in advance!

jk
I was exactly the same way, but like Lbrain rightly said, when you force yourself into a physical task you do find energy that you thought was not there, I Also drink a whole lot of energy drinks in the first 2 months, they helped me along with plenty of water.. Most posts are saying the same things the only difference seems to be the timescale but we no doubt drank different amounts too.

Chin up you are doing great.