Notices

Gratitude.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gratitude.

Yesterday I was lucky enough to drive a Ferrari 360 Spider. I had wanted to give a supercar a go for a long time and had I not been sober, I doubt I would ever have got near one, the way my alcoholism was progressing a couple of years ago. It's not about the fast cars or material things though - this just happened to be one of the many things on my 'bucket list' that I was lucky enough to do sooner than I thought I would. For me, it's very much about the simple things in life. The stuff my eyes have slowly been opened up to after the dense fog of many years of booze on the brain starts to clear. The buds on the trees, the scent of spring in the air, blissfully drifting off to a good, natural sleep at night in a warm, clean bed to name only a fraction. The stuff I didn't even notice, let alone appreciate, for years. Not to mention having food and being able to swallow it without being violently sick. It's like an awakening of the soul and I am so very grateful to be sober today, I can't tell you.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awakening of the soul for sure!
Old 04-07-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cool emmsie, sounds like a blast. Isn't it great to discover life again?