Notices

Chronic pain and health scares - not coping well sober

Old 04-09-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GreenEggsAndHam View Post
Thanks everyone. I have an appt with my therapist tomorrow and a doctor on Wed for my back issues. Calling this morning about the lump.

I'm just tired of always having something physically wrong with me and being in pain. Hoping the lump is nothing but it's very worrisome as my sister had cancer.
I'm new here but I cam empathize...I have chronic pain and I can say i know it does not help the rest of the BS.

Thing is, if that is you n your pic you look young, which despite being closer to 40 then 30 I do too so that makes it even harder for ppl to understand as well.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi GreenEggs - I am sorry that you are in such pain; I don't have chronic pain so I can't directly relate but I have had bad back pain which lasted about a week or so and I thought at the time that I simply couldn't go on that way. I feel terrible for you. I hope your doc can find a viable solution for you.

I had a rather sizable breast lump in my early 30s and I was literally out of my mind until it was surgically removed; it wasn't a cyst but a benign lump. Easier said done, I really know, but try to relax as the vast majority of lumps are benign.

I am so relieved to hear that you have taken your meds - you scared me there a bit, sweet GreenEggs.

Stay strong; your efforts have to me been some of the most inspirational I have witnessed. You are an amazingly strong young woman.

Keep posting. We will help shoot down your AV.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
painless

Green eggs... Please dont give up..

Check this out girl.. go get checked for the lump... chances are if u just noticed it then its medically treatable... could simply be a pulled chest muscle cause i too had a lump in my pec muscle (my breast) lol andit was just a pulled muscle. STAY SOBER... take your antibuse and other meds... call before u fall.. get someones number that loves u and is willing to help... dont drink... GOD BLESS U CHILD...
Old 04-09-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

How's it going GEAH?

D
Old 04-09-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

How's it going GEAH?

D
Old 04-09-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Oh hi everyone.

Thank you so much for the help and kind words.

Still taking my meds (my therapist recommended I do, shocker, huh?). Had x-rays for my tailbone pain today but wont get results or course of treatment for a couple days, was prescribed muscle relaxers for my upper back spasms, and then more imaging and tests next week for the lump.

My knee is still killing me but at least it detracts from my back muscle spasms. lol

I'm doing well otherwise. Just staying a little low-key. Day 37 sober for me.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
painless

Day 37 congratulations there. I can't wait to get to Day 37. keep up the excellent work if you got this person that can stop you is you. I hope you have a sponsor Make a call before you fall!!!! I wish you the best of luck in a beautiful life
Old 04-09-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Glad you're doing better,GE&H.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Hi GEAH I'm glad you are talking to your therapist and getting your stuff checked out instead of drinking the pain and worry away.

One of the things that scared me but did not stop my drinking was I was masking potential pain and being blacked out. I mean we had a neighbor friend who had bad side pain and it was appendicitis. If I'm drinking or really hung over, I won't feel the signs something is wrong, or blame a hang over and not go to the dr, or ER in time.

I most certainly would ignore a lump and hope it goes away.

I guess my point is if we are sober, we are better prepared to take care of our bodies and feel signs of something really bad happening.

So I'm glad to hear your good progress.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you're doing ok

D