Notices

Struggling bad.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling bad.

I was clean for 2 years and went on a guys trip a few months back and slipped. For the past few months I have been in a downward spiral and it finally hit me when I now ex told me thank you for becoming an alcoholic again. I realized at that point I have gone back to the way of life I knew best and I hate myself for this. I want to see the light but can't dig myself out. I want to stop this full blown relapse but I don't know how.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

Congratulations on being sober for 2 years.

You know how to do it, so once you get through the initial stopping phase, I think you will be fine.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Anna. I'm glad to be part of this site now.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome. I am sure you can do it again xxx
Old 04-06-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi paperthin. It's so good to meet you.

I was in the same situation when I joined here. I had been sober for 3 yrs. & decided it would be a good idea to have a glass of wine once in awhile. I'm sure you know how that turned out. There is no such thing as A glass of wine - always the whole bottle & then another bottle. It took me 7 yrs. to find the courage to lay it down - that's when I found SR. It feels wonderful to be free once again. You will reclaim your life. Please keep reading here and posting.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Can you count to 1?

Don't take 1 drink for 1 day and you will be fine. That is all you have to do.

That first day you can break it down hour by hour if you want.

Best of luck because it is extremely difficult to get it when you are drinking. Fact that you are posting here tells me you are ready. Drop the glass.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
painless

Detox immediately!!!

Go to a detox place and surrender... I did it 20 days ago and i thank god i did it. You gotta want this for yourself and not for your lady... I lied so much to my girl that she left me and shes the true love of my life so right now im focusing on fixing me to become the man she fell in love with. I suggest you do the very same. Keep posting these people will help us but u gotta want this more then anything youve ever wanted.. I know i want it!!! May god bless and give you the strength he gave me and still gives me to stay clean and sober... Detox detox detox... Go now. Even to a hospital and tell them your in withdrawl and u wanna hurt yourself if they dont help you. Thats exactly what i did... Saved my life... Get up and go out your front door right now.. Not tomorrow.. Now...
Old 04-06-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Try try again

Welcome paperthin13. I was clean & sober for a year and screwed up recently. But I'm back on my feet again, thanks be to God and this site.

If you did it once, you can do it again. I'm glad you joined us.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey bro,Welcome.
Well done on 2 years.
Hang out and chat here a while.
It definitely helps me when I get the urge.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

it took me 20 plus years to surrender again.trust me and everyone else it is worth it to do it again.1 expression my ex use to say just suck it up.it won't take to long to get over the part of slipping.,just keep coming.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Paperthin,
I did that too. The good thing that came out of it was I knew my life was so much better when I didn't drink. I tend to be a positive person so I looked at that as at least I never have to question which life was better again...I found out by living both. I knew I was a happier and better person when I didn't drink. Had my answer once and for all.

Do you think your life was better? I hope you found that out. You can get it back. If you have done it once you can do it again. You know what to do!

And no one says you have to do it alone. Welcome. You will find a ton of support here.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome paperthin

It all starts again with a day one.

If you think you need a doctor, see one - if you think you need face to face support check out one of the many recovery programmes...but in the end it's down to you deciding today is it....

There's tons of support here

D
Old 04-06-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

Welcome, paperthin.

You were strong for two years. Tap into that strength. You can make this work again.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Glad you are back....not everyone makes it back. I was clean and sober for a really long time and relapsed. It took me 8 years to come back; I'm lucky I made it back. Life does get better in recovery I have decided