Notices

been a long time

Old 04-05-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

been a long time

Good Morning, It has been a long time since I have been part of a fellowship. The demands of home, work, life have taken over as they can and I have lost touch. I still believe that Sobriety saved my life. Through the advice of a most excellent sponser I accepted all of the tools I could learn and set off to conquer my life. I wish that I could say that everything was terrific but that is just not the truth. It has been hard. Really hard. I have been unemployed 3 years out of the last eight. been married. and divorced. become a single parent. But never for even one second did I think that drinking again would improve any of these situations. I have no idea what is next but today everything is really good. I think what has driven me back through the doors is realizing that I am alone and that I need to hear what other people say about their lives in recovery and maybe to share what I have learned too. I hope that I will be welcome here.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Of course Rachel - it's wonderful to have you with us.

I'm sorry for the twists & turns your life has taken, but very happy you've realized drinking couldn't help. That was the hardest thing for me to learn - that there was no hope or help in the bottom of the bottle. All it did was add to my anxiety and misery. Once we learn that we are free. Good to meet you.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Rachel, welcome, welcome, welcome! It's good to have you add your voice to the chorus here at SR. I've found it to be a wonderful, supportive community and I've learned a lot in the past year.

I hope you find inspiration, courage and hope.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard Rachel. Read around and post as much as you like

D
Old 04-05-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It has been a really good year so far but there have been many tests along the way. Don't know if I have always done the right thing but I sure can say that I have done my best. Glad to meet you all and I look forward to having many conversations and hearing stories.