Notices

Cloudy eyes, due to lack of sleep..... or something else?

Old 04-04-2014, 05:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Cloudy eyes, due to lack of sleep..... or something else?

As I've been complaining about on here in pretty much every post....... my sleep has been sucky since day 1 (February 17). It is getting better and i no longer need to use any sleep aids or herbal tea. Even still, my body only seems to muster anywhere from 5-6 hours of sleep a night.

I've noticed in the mirror that my eyes seem a bit "cloudy" over the last 2 weeks or so, at first I thought it was just my being tired from lack of sleep....... but i would imagine it should have gone away by now considering i have been sleeping pretty consistently this past week..... even if only for 5 hours at a time.

Before you go saying "see your eye doctor", i did around the first week or March and she said i have "very healthy eyes, but some stygmaticism". She gave me a thumbs up in terms of eye-health, gave me my new pair of glasses, and sent me on my way.

I was just wondering if anyone else on here has experienced cloudy or slightly red eyes during their first couple weeks?

Something interesting to note, after a brisk and fairly good pace "power walk" thru the nearby park (around 3 miles) over the course of an hour i notice the white around my eyes are white as snow. Same when i get back inside the house, i take off my sweatpants and take a cold shower, when i come out my eyes have very bright whites when i look in the mirror.

A few hours later however, the blood circulation seems to go back to normal and when i visit the bathroom i see a return of the "cloudiness" in the mirror when i am washing my hands.

Is this nothing to worry about? Due to the fact that my eyes really brighten up after a cold shower or during/after some good exercise, im assuming it's just a circulation thing? Or am i just making a big fuss over nothing...... is it just lack of sleep?

If anyone else who has had experience with this could chime in i would appreciate it
Old 04-04-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not personally but about the sleep part, I sleep a lot less sober. My sleep is normal so I think my body doesn't need as much sleep.

About your eyes, maybe someone else had the same experience.

Hope the clouds go away.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Traditional Chinese medicine believes that parts of the eyes relate to particular organs.

I'd believe it.

I had cloudy, red eyes for a while. It took a while, but the sharpness and whiteness eventually came back, with time, exercise and a good diet.

D
Old 04-04-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Could you be allergic to something in your house? My eyes get like that from allergies.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I slept 8-10 hours a night in early recovery.
Is it possible you just need more rest?
Old 04-04-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DoubleBarrel
I slept 8-10 hours a night in early recovery.
Is it possible you just need more rest?
I'm guessing that this is what it is, i am only getting like 5-6 hours of sleep. And I mean that, the longest i've slept without drugs or help is like 6 hours max. I slept 8 hours on ONE day during week 4 with the help of sleep aids, but im guessing that was just due to the fact that i had barely slept for DAYS.......... im guessing the brain had no choice but to stop fighting me and just calm down for at least one night.

As far as allergies go, i have never had any allergies and (to the best of my knowledge) do not have any allergies currently........ and all of this "cloudy" eye business started a few weeks into sobriety, so for the time being my working theory is that it is just lack of sleep.

You people who say you slept 8-10 hours a night, you are so lucky.........

I can only IMAGINE the things i could do with a full 8 hours of sleep, to wake up at 100% instead of 63% for a change would be something else lol
Old 04-04-2014, 09:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Adults only need 6 hrs. You have to eat right, and be active, walking, have a routine. This is all common sense stuff. I know common sense isnt so common. Go to a doctor and get it checked out, I do not pay for any doctors visits, thats the beauty for me atleast. I know in America its totally different, you gotta pay no matter what. I guess that is just apart of the American Dream eh!!!. Routine is everything in life, and when you got sleeping issues, there are deeper issues at hand.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I used to wake with numb hands for years..thought it was from work. After about three weeks of no drinking no more numb hands. It must have been F-ing with my circulation or something. I thought alcohol to be a blood thinner.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badatbooze
I used to wake with numb hands for years..thought it was from work. After about three weeks of no drinking no more numb hands. It must have been F-ing with my circulation or something. I thought alcohol to be a blood thinner.
I remember that same lie....... "alcohol is good for your heart and improves circulation", so many lies we are told about that pee water