Notices

Paws?

Old 04-04-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Paws?

Hi, been reading here for a couple of weeks and thought I should say hello. I am on day 27 after drinking 4 beers a night for more years than i care to remember. I have been on cipralex for years for anxiety. I had to go to my gp yesterday because my anxiety is crippling me. my appetite is non existent and am soaked in sweat 2 mins after waking in the morning due to this, panic attacks and upset gut also. My gp gave me a beta blocker but I know I will feel like this for weeks as I have been here many times before, but never admitted until now its the alcohol. and have always gone back to my few beers at night. This time I,m not going back. I have felt like this for a week and wondering if I have PAWS. GP has said things will be a bit raw for a while, How long is a piece of string? I am going to florida on holiday in 8 weeks and just want to feel normal by then.

Anyway, just wondered if anybody has had similar experiences and how long they took to get thru it?

and a big thankyou to everybody for all posts I have read, they, along with my family have got me this far and I am greatful.

steven.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi Steven

None of us are Drs - the best I can do is refer you to this link and you can see how applicable it might be?

PAWS | Digital Dharma

D
Old 04-04-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done on 27 days Steven!
Have a good look at the PAWS info Dee has given you. It is a real symptom of post acute (the first few weeks) withdrawal and manifests in different ways. Some experience it, some not so much.For me it was (and sometimes still is) a factor in my mood swings and feelings of detachment etc. It does pass tho, and i have noticed that symptoms for me have lessened considerably as the days and weeks (dare i say months) have passed.
Seems to me that you are keeping in close touch with your doctor and that's a good move.
Keep us posted and update us as things get easier as they will in time
G
Old 04-04-2014, 05:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you

Thanks for the link D. A lot of good reading there.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Panic attacks are definitely no fun, I hope you can find some relief working with your doctor. Congrats of 27 days!