Notices

weekend thread 4th 5th & 6th of April 2014

Old 04-06-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Tiptree,
I think they are amazing!!!! So beautiful! And the time spent making them is also a beautiful memory!
Old 04-06-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Thanks Olive, you are a sweetheart
Old 04-06-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

WOW!! I love sober weekends also!! I enjoying going out to eat and the movies with my man!! We use to sit at home and get high because we didn't have enough money to do both. Now, I have three times the amount of money as before and I can live my life for the good and I don't have to worry about where I am going to find my next high. Even when you have money, you can't always find what you want so you end up being sick any ways. So I enjoy my SOBER WEEKENDS also now!!! It is so much fun and I don't have to wake up feeling sick and regretting what I might have did that night. Now, I know what I did the night before and I feel good about myself. Don't get me wrong, I still have days when I get bored and I feel like it would be better if I was high but it is not worth it to me. I lost my job, my car, my house, and my family over drugs and I am not going to let that happen any more!!!! I AM TRULY DONE WITH THAT LIFESTYLE!!! Now, its time to grow up and start acting like my age which is getting up there!! LOL!!
I also wanted to thank everyone on here because you have helped me a lot by all of your stories. I never really knew what to do about my problems until I found SR!! I feel like I can be honest with all of you and it helps me stay sober and keep going each day. I get on here at least once a day and I feel good about being sober. So thank you all very much. I know that I have the tools to stay clean and sober because I have done it before but whats different now is that I have all of you, that I never had before and it not like I can just talk to someone around me because they don't know what it feels like. So thank you again!!!!
Old 04-06-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Tip tree the eggs are great. I don't think I would want straight lines!

Happy sober Sunday! I've been out all day. Meeting, church and then we went to a fundraiser for a children's program called CircEsteem. Kids learn to do various circus things like trapeze, trampoline, tumbling etc. The kids put on a show and were impressive. It was interesting and it got all of us out of the house and away from the television. It was at the opposite end of chicago from me and we got to drive the beautiful lakefront on our way there and back. We ate dinner out so I have no photos to share. Also now still have a fridge of stuff I bought yesterday that I need to cook.

Tip tree, were you able to attach the photos directly from your iPad? I have tried doing that in the past but couldn't for some reason.

Glad to see everyone enjoying themselves. Awesome!
Old 04-06-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

My children are not in the circus program. A friend of my son's is.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Belfast Giants lost!!

Sober and heading into Monday hangover free!!

Let's do this, let's close out the weekend Sober!!
Old 04-06-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Went to a meeting tonight. Came home and ate something. It's getting late but there is an avocado on the counter with my name on it. Maybe just save till breakfast.
Good night all. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.
Aside from that one urge to have a beer yesterday, nothing else bothered me.
Brian
Old 04-06-2014, 07:17 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Agh, made it thru day 9. It was close this afternoon, but I kept thinking things thru. My husband has the ability to make me want to claw my eyes out. Luckily they are still in tact. Lol it was a beautiful day here and that's a trigger. Caught a meeting. Chilling on the couch. Waiting for the Benadryl to kick in. Night sr
Old 04-06-2014, 07:42 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by purpleknight View Post
Belfast Giants lost!! !!
Old 04-06-2014, 10:28 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

I made it fine through the company gathering tonight. Lots of wine, beer and hard liquor on the counter but I never even thought about having a "taste". I had already run that video through to its end several times earlier today.

One funny thing was somebody brought some chocolate infused red wine. Everybody was talking up how good it was and the open bottle was put under my nose so I could smell it. It smelled terrible! I love chocolate and used to drink a lot of red wine but I can't imagine anybody drinking that chocolate/red wine stuff.

I like reading about everyone's sober weekend, here's to a new week!
Old 04-07-2014, 01:42 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Tiptree, your pysanky at least looks recognizable as pysanky! I got some kits one year and tried them with the eight grade kids in my Sunday school class. The results were bright and decorative (and a waxy mess), but not what any Ukrainians would recognize as pysanky!
Old 04-07-2014, 03:01 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Had a busy sober weekend. Back to work!

K
Old 04-07-2014, 03:52 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Thanks Gilmer and Ruby - they took me way too long to make but as my husband likes to say, I have the patience of a moron

Ruby - I followed Olive's instruction and got the SR app which makes it easy to post.

Happy sober Monday