Notices

weekend thread 4th 5th & 6th of April 2014

Old 04-05-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi DancingDiva, I had to track you down. Hope you see this . You are unable to receive visitor
messages or personal messages. If you would like to change that, go to USER CP on Blue Tool
Bar and click on edit options and read through and you will find a box you need to check to
activate those features.

I'm in for the weekend!!!!! Thanks mec!
Old 04-05-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Everyone is welcome

The only requirement is to say hello or post something if you want us to know your here and trying , or just read if you want to sue out what it's all about .

Bestwishes, m
Old 04-05-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Shrimp Fried Rice aka Holli.... Um, how do I upload a photo?
Old 04-05-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Did this work?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-2292659642.jpg (80.0 KB, 49 views)
Old 04-05-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Wow that is a huge photo! I am offering How to Cook The Simple Fried Rice in aisle 3, lol.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:28 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Holli,
That looks delicious! Seems like you made enough for everyone on the sober weekend train!

Gilmer, do you just replace the noodles with zucchini slices? Everything else the same? That sounds delicious too.

I am going to bed early tonight. The bad back hurts bad. I think a date with the heating pad and my kindle is just what I need.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 04-05-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Still hanging in there! Day 8 coming to a close. Dinner with friends, a sick grandmother and an extremely annoying husband are driving me to my bed! Glad to be sober, just wish I could find some happiness at this moment. Tires tired tired
Old 04-05-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Stuck to my plan. Except cabelas needs che k or money order for kayak permits. I even said to attendant. I hope is going to be easy. Aaahhhgg. Another wasted trip. So I picked up some flies in the cheaper by the dozen bin.
made my honey and me ny strips. Watched Florida lose. Yea. Now watching Wisconsin hopefully hang on to advance.
It was cool and breezy out on. The rocks. Saw a couple osprey a sharp and some turkey vultures.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

A little late to be checking in, but I'm in for my second sober weekend! It's great to see everyone hanging in there.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Couldn't sleep last night so pulled out some sheet music I haven't looked at in ten years and was up till the wee hours banging out some rusty Chopin on the piano.

After sleeping in this morning, went out for a 3 mile run.

In the face of all evidence to the contrary, I continue to believe that spring will eventually arrive here in the Midwest, and in that spirit I started a slew of vegetable seeds under the grow lights today (Tuscan kale, broccoli raab, Japanese eggplant, Thai chili peppers, summer savory, chervil, parsley, dill...).

All these activities are soooo much more pleasant without a hangover!
Old 04-05-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I'm in. So far I went to a meeting with my husband (the speaker was GREAT, perfect mix between blunt honesty and great sense of humor regarding alcoholism), went to a book sale at my library today, did some journaling, and finished the memoir Drinking: A Love Story. Tomorrow we have to do some small home repairs, then are cooking dinner and going to another meeting, our first one within a two mile radius from home (all the other ones we have gone to so far are at the place my husband is doing his IOP, about thirty minutes away). Love the feeling of being sober AND productive!!! Oh, and next week I have a job interview plus an open meeting regarding another exciting business opportunity in the health industry...these exciting things help me to stay motivated in my sobriety this weekend (which before, even though I was a daily drinker, weekends used to be the times I'd want to just stay wasted for three days straight). Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!!!!
Old 04-05-2014, 09:16 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Great job everyone on a sober Friday night and Saturday

For my part I slept in this morning (well until 7am) after working late last night.
Finished up the repairs on the lawnmower despite not being able to get all the parts I wanted. It is amazing to me how much patience I have now that I am sober. I took the carburetor apart, didn't lose any parts, cleaned everything up, replaced the parts I was able to get, and reassembled it. The lawn mower now runs better than it has in years. Yeah!

Also got some small jobs done around the house. Currently I am trying to make some A-1 steak sauce. I looks good. We'll see how it tastes when it cools.

Have a good evening!
Old 04-05-2014, 11:59 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Ontheright path ,
keep on

I found re -discovering sober mornings a gift from my sobriety . It was so nice to wake without a hangover , also i think my body started to relax better sober than drunk .

Bestwishes, m
Old 04-06-2014, 12:00 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

hey Boobeary ,
2nd weekend keep on

Brad , Mrsbee & Disco keep on !

m
Old 04-06-2014, 03:25 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Just got done with a meeting about relationships in recovery. Good stuff. Speaker meeting in the morning then a 10 hour drive back to Seattle. I'm pooped!
Old 04-06-2014, 03:55 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Have a good trip Grits!

Weekenders I have to tell you am thrilled, I made from-scratch-chocolate for my bbq lunch today, my bbq that got rained out so we ate inside. Good sober times for me.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:58 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

There is some coolness afoot in this thread this weekend.

Got a sunburned neck this morning. I put 50 SPF on yesterday, but apparently I missed the back of my neck somehow.

Sunny again today, but cooler. High only 50F. Back at it, though. I need this job finished!

Now, for some BACON!
Old 04-06-2014, 04:06 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Basin and dark chocolate, the last refuge of recovering alcoholics. :-)
Old 04-06-2014, 04:48 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Sunday , Sunday ,

Soon to be Monday . Only 12 hrs to go here .. At the beginning sober weekends seem very long .. Nowadays they fly by far too quickly .

Keep on , it's worthwhile

m
Old 04-06-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Gooood morning! Happiness restored! 2nd cup of coffee and getting ready for a busy day! Easy does it!