Notices

weekend thread 4th 5th & 6th of April 2014

Old 04-04-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi Soberclover, I am reading two books right now, both very good. First was recommended by alphaomega, 'veronika decides to die' by Paulo Coelho, and 'doctor sleep' by Stephen King. I am enjoying both of them a lot.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I am in. This is the first Friday night when I have not struggled since stopping 3 months ago and I am sure it's because my husband is not drinking tonight.

Not sure how this information helps me or anyone else, but it was cool to just potter around on a Friday night and not feel the need to escape.

Plans this weekend include swimming, pampering and bacon...
Old 04-04-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hey hey. Just got home from a rather slow day at work. my mind is financially focused tonight... thats a trigger. Just wrote out a bunch of bills, my laundry needs to be put away, blah blah blah. I am going to change in a few minutes and head to a meeting. Ahhh, the safe haven. I need to stay away from the grocery store tonight-- I can hear the addiction screaming that one wont hurt. ughhh... having faith!!! cant wait to wake up tomorrow with a renewed faith and no hangover. No nasty taste of wine on my breath, no what did i do last night, no guilt, no shame.... just rise and shine and make my coffee and concquer the world ill be back SR!!! See ya in a couple hours
Old 04-04-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

HA! Made it through a rough week that 6 weeks ago would have had me already starting to drink by 5:00 on Friday evening- but not tonight! Faced my problems and dealt with them as best I could. Will now enjoy a relaxing, springy weekend (will be watching 8 inches of snow melt), get a couple good nights sleep, and finish a couple projects. Thanks everyone for the positive posts.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Chicken parm was heaven.... Watching cop shows like law and order... Criminal minds ..... Always a show on.

Tomorrow is a good long walk outside... Weather is going to finally feel good.

K
Old 04-04-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Awful freakin weather out ....no walk for the Westie tonight but do have a busy bone with her name on it. House to myself for a little bit, just me and the Tinker, chillin on the couch with a warm blanket, her with her bone, me with a mini hot fudge sundae. Happy as two pigs in sh**
Old 04-04-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I am in for another sober weekend. That makes TWO in a row and TWO in the last 20 years!!
Old 04-04-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders!
Just now home from work and ready to start my weekend! Last weekend, while in the mountains, I slipped on the ice....funny at the time, but round about Monday evening my lower back hurt. Hurts to bend and to pick things up. Does not hurt to sit on a comfy couch in front of the netflix box, does not hurt to lay on the bed and read. I have an idea for an art project that I may start....that can be done sitting on the couch in front of the netflix box.
I took a lovely whole organic chicken out of the freezer yesterday, thinking about doing it whole in my 'makes everything super delicious ceramic oven pot' with some onions and veg. Going to make some chocolate chip cookies to give to my hair stylist for when I get my hair cut on Sunday.

I hope everyone is doing soberly well this fine Friday!
Old 04-04-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Count me in....told myself I'll find, at the very least, a temporary sponsor before the weekend is over. Lots of yard work and gardening to do in the CA sunshine.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Thepatman reporting in. I used to love those weekend threads before I jumped back in the wine barrel. Glad to be back in the sober wolfpack

Mecanix, thanks for maintaining this tradition!!
Old 04-04-2014, 06:53 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

Reading some great support in chat tonight in the Meeting Room! Hope everyone's having a good start to their weekend!
Old 04-04-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I'm in! Ever hopeful that spring will get here some day, I will be planting some seeds for the eventual garden.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:18 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Went out to dinner tonight although he was late because of his daughter who is still using. Rather then stay stuck in that, I tried to stay in the moment....it generally worked out and we had fun. Had a wonderful piece of carrot cake that I brought home...yum! It's nice to enjoy things that have nothing to do with drinking....it took me awhile to get to this place! Leaving shortly to drive in the rain to pick up my son at his girlfriend's house. Can't believe I would drink and drive in this weather! Stay strong and true to yourself tonight if you are struggling; things will look much better in the morning
Old 04-04-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

At ACYPAA right now. This is absolutely amazing!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:53 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I am in for a sober weekend!
Just came home from a family dinner complete with fresh bread and coconut cream pie, yum! Tomorrow I will be writing a paper for class and doing homework. Then Sunday I plan to spend celebrating my bf's birthday by baking cupcakes and spending some quality time with him. I hope to keep my sober momentum going, it is getting to the point where I am not sure how I was able to cope with life while I was drinking. It seemed to create so many more problems and issues than it solved. Anyways, glad to be here,

Flying4Life
Old 04-04-2014, 09:01 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good start to the weekend for everyone. Went to my Friday night meeting. I was there in body but my brain was unfortunately elsewhere. I was doodling on a piece of paper. I was down this afternoon because work is just work. My ego suffered a blow because my drinking put me in the position I have now and it is not challenging enough. I feel stuck and not able to move and I am looking old. I think I'm just worn out with lack of sleep. I have to take a cue from everyone on here who is eating better, drinking more water and exercising. The exercise will give me a rosier glow and maybe my skin won't look so chalky and rough. And I am breaking out all over my face. Ugh. Sorry all for the vent. Time for this old girl to turn in. Sober.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:19 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Glad to see so many newbies here ,

there are also deekers' 24 club thread where you can post and get support
And there is also the class of april thread .

Ta daaaa, its saturday morning in the UK , drinking my morning coffee , i get the feeling a bit of e-bay rummaging is in order today .

I might have a hunt around for old B&W gainsborough or gaumont pictures film's .

Todays main tasks are clothes washing and getting some paperwork for work done , as i've let a few things slide that i need to be ontop of .

There are some areas in my life where procrastination doesn't cause major disasters and there are other areas like work and sobriety where i need to keep my socks pulled up . Sobriety comes first

Little and often is the best way to keep ontop of it i've found . So every saturday i try to do those things that need doing , whilst doing a few other things like loading the washing machine & drier , cooking , half watching things on the telly in the background . Investigating new ideas and products . looking out the window , playing with my new air-brush ..

Lots to see and do !

Keep on y'all , m
Old 04-05-2014, 01:26 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

One a.m. here and cannot sleep. Flicked on the television and found out I have free HBO all weekend. And, Game of Thrones is marathoning. Right where I left off from the last free weekend.
Isn't that just the bees knees!
Old 04-05-2014, 02:21 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Have not slept since 9AM Thursday. Yesterday i drove 10 hours from Seattle to Redding, CA for ACYPAA. Still up and dancing with the younguns!
Old 04-05-2014, 03:33 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Lizella, not sure if your birthday is today (Sat) or tomorrow but Happy sober birthday!

My weekend started this afternoon at 3pm. I've baked a couple of loaves of bread, I have sourdough on the rise and meat marinating for a bbq lunch with friends tomorrow. Daylight saving ends today so tomorrow I'm taking advantage of the lighter mornings by having an early morning bike ride alongside a couple of beaches.