Notices

weekend thread 4th 5th & 6th of April 2014

Old 04-04-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm in. Happy birthday lizella! Sober celebrations are fun and hopefully you have something special lined up. Work today. Meeting tonight. Get together with my sponsor or not. The kids have all sorts of things planned for tomorrow, roller skating being one. I am torn on the skating. It has been so long since I last skated that I fear breaking something if I fall.

Gathering my thoughts and checking in here before getting everyone up and ready in a mad scramble. There will also be chicken. Don't know about the parm bit. Happy sober weekend!
Old 04-04-2014, 04:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm in!
Old 04-04-2014, 04:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sober Today

I'm in! Hmm...I haven't really planned my weekend which I usually do so that i stay busy and out of trouble. So let's see...

Today I have a lunch AA meeting with my rehab friends who I miss, then I'm stopping off my wrap guys' shop to talk about wrapping my car (car mods, my hobby). Then home to work.

Saturday morning AA women's meeting. Maybe a walk at the park with the kids and the dogs as it looks like it's going to be nice out.

Sunday looks like the weather will be crummy so maybe I will just work all day, straighten up the house and run some errands. I might take the kids rollerskating Sunday - that is fun.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Okay, I'm in too. ........
Woke up with desire to change my routine. Starting a blog on SR - don't know what I'm doing or how to actually do it.
Starting to taper from prevacid today. Need to "plan" diet instead of just eating s^^t lately. Misc chores at home/garden.
Saturday, meeting with group from AA to go for morning hike, then maybe fishing in afternoon - but absolutely have to pick up my kayak launch permits. Cabelas is close to Hawk Mountain so it's a save on gas. Can't commit to anything else except not drinking at this time.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:40 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I want to join! I don't usually join this thread but have wanted to. This will be my 8th full sober weekend. Yay!
I don't have any big plans. Work tonight, maybe the farmers market tomorrow, possibly the Captain America movie with the kids. Also, some kid free time with the hubby on Sunday (which doesn't happen often enough!)
Sounds like lots of roller skating going on around here. I had hip surgery after a bike accident so I'm going to skip that. With my luck, I'd injure the other one! Though my girls would love to go, I'm sure.
I just realized I bought too much bacon. My husband will be happy! I'm still hoping my memory will improve and I'll stop buying things at the store that I've already bought. Tell me it gets better!
Old 04-04-2014, 05:48 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm a bit later posting than usual, but I'm in!!

No real plans this weekend, catch up on sleep and plenty of sport to watch, it's definitely gonna be a relaxing one.

Let's do this Sober Weekenders!! . . . don't give addiction even an inch!!
Old 04-04-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks Mecanix. I'm in for a sober weekend. Jamming with the band tonight then off to the rents Sunday to relax and enjoy a nice meal. I got this!
Old 04-04-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm in too, 3rd one!!! Supposed to be nice in NY so hopefully get outside...take the dogs for a walk, prune the apple trees and repot my indoor plants. Workout date Sat am with my friend too. Good Luck everyone!
Old 04-04-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'm in. First weekend in normal routine.
Thanks for this thread.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm off for a walking weekend in the beautiful mountainous countryside so I will provide you guys with some scenic views when I've hauled myself up a mountain!
Old 04-04-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm also in for the weekend. I woke up super sick this morning and it's just me and the kids today until around 1:00. But I'll pull it off.
Have a good sober weekend everyone!
Old 04-04-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

In
Old 04-04-2014, 10:04 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Just checking in.... Getting ready to make the chicken parm I made last week cuz it is so damn good and not really unhealthy... :0)

Hope all of you are doing well.... Woo hoo!
Old 04-04-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey HopefulinAus ,
i hope you drink some water before bed and come back again tomorrow . Drinking wasn't much fun for me at the end and i kept wondering why i kept on doing it ..

Be careful , m
Old 04-04-2014, 10:07 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

This weekend is going to be all about the westie. Walks, grooming, play. She's been neglected a bit (busy work week) and for a westie, that's intolerable. Also going to continue my guitar practice, something I would never have the patience to do, or feel well enough to do on a typical hung over weekend. Yes, sometimes I miss the wine, the idea of the wine, but I don't have cravings anymore which is a such a blessing. Sobriety isnt always exciting but it has its subtle pleasures. Happy sober weekend all!
Old 04-04-2014, 01:28 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

My college son is coming home. I will go out and buy him some vittles. Tomorrow afternoon I'm going with my friend to a lecture on a topic we're interested in. Hopefully tomorrow night will be a big family catching-up time.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi Gilmer, my kids are in college too. One lives at home, the other away. When "away" comes home, we eat his favorite foods, too!
Old 04-04-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Beautiful weather for a pleasant change. Took my truck in for the 20K mile maintenance this morning and just worked myself out of lumber, so I am done for the day. (I can't get more lumber until Mrs Non is here to take me back to get my truck.) Good progress on the shed.

Mr. AV was giving me a case of the feeling-sorry-for-myselfs earlier. Not sure what that was all about. Just kept working and it went away. Accomplishing things is good for that, I find.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:03 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Day is my day one and this will be my first sober weekend in a long time! I am making a pretty detailed plan. It helps that I'm in school and I have a lot of homework and reading.

Today I work, and then I will go buy a few groceries and my and my SO have planned to make a big stir fry and watch TV in our pajamas.

Tomorrow I have to read the first three chapters of Karl Marx's Capital vol 1. Then I am going to go practice bowling for a few tournaments coming up that I am doing. If it stops raining for long enough I'm going to get started on my garden box and plant some lettuces and snap peas.

Sunday is for chores and more homework. I'm going to go to campus library to do it, it's so much easier for me to focus when I'm not at home. Plus you can't drink on campus !
Old 04-04-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hello Sober Weekenders! Going to try to pay attention to my mood and not let it be impacted by other people and their actions. Sky is beginning to gray and rain later tonight...but at least it isn't snow!! I need to also find another book to read that isn't about recovery; while that is great I also need to find something else to occupy my mind with. Looking forward to hanging with you all!