Notices

Day 11: FOGGY MIND... Anyone the same?

Old 04-03-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 11: FOGGY MIND... Anyone the same?

Hey everyone day 1 to work since being gone for a few days... My mind is sooo foggy I forgot an appointment, got super overwhelmed from the workload at work with anxiety, and am SUPER TIRED ... The last week I have been so foggy In my mind trying to educate myself on alcoholism and what that means for me and take care of myself (which is new to me) anyone else relate??? Wow ... I'm looking forward to getting my energy back!
Old 04-03-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

just take it easy, try not to be overwhelmed by things. This too shall pass.
Congrats and stay the course
Old 04-03-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm at Day 14. Today and Tuesday (Day 12) featured heavy fatigue. Other days haven't been *so* bad. Actually, I''ve been having the most energy in the morning, feeling pretty good and sharp…but then by late afternoon and evening I am DRAGGING. You know, late afternoon and evening was my drinking time…wonder if that is just a coincidence or if there is something causal going on.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

I'm at Day 34 and I've been struggling with the brain fog thing. At first, it was pretty much all day, now it comes and goes.

Hang in there. Give your body time to heal.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey taproot yes that's exactly how it is for me too- WIDE AWAKE early mornings and soooo tired from 6pm onwards getting more and more tired--- I wonder of that is related hmmm good point to bring up-

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one- I'm blessed to have an awesome boyfriend who is taking care of me, took time off work to support me, giving me lots of love and made me dinner tonight too! I hope everyone has someone that makes them feel special especially going through such a fragile time...
Old 04-03-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I experienced heavy fatigue in the 2nd and 3rd weeks, especially in the evenings at home after work. I was so tired it was like I was completely drained from the inside out. I don't remember how long it lasted - maybe a week or a little more - but it did go away. I was also super foggy and had virtually no attention span and such concentration problems that I would forget almost from one moment to the next what I had just done, and sometimes a whole morning or evening would be a big blank the next day - like for example I would have a meeting with a colleague one morning and the next day I would remember the topic but not one thing we discussed. That problem went away in the 4th week.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Aarryckha I'm glad there is hope for this fogginess to lessen so thanks for your post
Old 04-03-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Lbrain thanks for your post -- good point- getting overwhelmed I'm sure adds to it--- gotta keep up techniques for breathing and being mindful as I'm sure that would help
Old 04-03-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Lance40 yes .. Wow I went to sushi with my boyfriend early Tuesday and then 3 hours later I thought we went for sushi the day before... I'm feeling like im almost "drunk or hung over" because I'm so foggy - and I can relate to having a huge struggle with the concentration for sure.. I'm doing my best and that's all I can do
Old 04-03-2014, 08:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Angel I'm at 12 months now but I remember the early days. I could have slept for the Olympics in the first few months, give in to it because your body is doing a huge job healing itself. Let anything but dependents wait for a while, your health has got to come first. The foggy brain will clear but yes I did experience forgetfulness -- I wrote lists every day and that alleviated a lot of the problem.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks marcher13 and great job on the sobriety! Yes lists help for sure.... But not today lol-
Old 04-04-2014, 03:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I had a couple days in the first few weeks where my brain didn't work so well. I was vocabulary-challenged. So it happens, but it passes. Also had some anger issues relating to work. Those didn't go away, though. I realized those are bona fide frustrations