Notices

A new day....

Old 04-03-2014, 03:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A new day....

Nod it's literally raining buckets outside! Wow! A few days of this and I ought to build an ark!

Anywho.... Here I sit after my mind and body were content with almost 8 hours of sleep last night. I awoke at 5 am. Ahhh. So here I sit with SR and my coffee and my thoughts. I'm not scrambling thru my texts or fb activity log. I'm not struggling to remember conversations or why the light was left on in the kitchen. I'm not struck with paranoia or despair or guilt or remorse.

I'm sitting here listening to the rain, asking myself why I always leave the umbrella IN the car... SMH... And realizing that life is good. I have some bills to pay and that always stresses me out, but I feel so good after they are paid. I am blessed with my family and few people I call friends and today I have sobriety. I'm taking it easy and becoming aware of how I act and react and lately I've been pretty mellow, with a few "I can't deal with this" (because of kids lol) but I do deal and I can..,,

So, in the happiest of times and the lowest of lows,it's important for me to remember that this too shall pass. Learn from it, enjoy it, remember it. Share your experience. You never know who you are going to help. Peace.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Hi ontherightpath, sounds like you're on the right path.
I have seven tape measures and can never find one!
Old 04-03-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober Today

I can so relate to all of that (even the umbrella part!). I hope you have a wonderful, sober day.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, you too!