Notices

Girlfriend and i heroin.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My girl and I heroin use she went to rehab

So I'm new here. About 9 months ago I met a quiet shy girl. We started hanging out. She had just moved to La. She told me she had been to rehab a few years back for opiates. I never had done opiates. After a couple months she moved in to my apartment. One day she walks in and tells me she relapsed while back home in Arizona. She says she has black tar heroin in her purse. I say ok. I tell her I want to try it. We used together everyday for about a month. Quit for a few weeks then used again. Quit used again. Then used for two months straight. I was able to go to Mexico for a bachelor party and used that time to detox and get clean. She went home to az and after a few days was actively looking to get heroin. I was withdrawing and knew I needed to quit for good. Or at least make a strong effort. I decided to tell her mother what was going on. She decided to send her to rehab. My girl at first reluctant to go finally decided to go. She was using for a few days until she left. Out plan was for her to go to rehab for thirty days and then we would decide together what we wanted to do from there. After a week she calls and says to send her **** back and that we were both co dependent on eachother and both enabled each other to use. So just having a hard time. I had to give away the puppy we got together. I really care for her and want to see her do well. I'm up and down. Crying to laughing the next day. 22 days of h. Longest I've gone in 8 months. Any advice or similar experiences ?
Old 04-02-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Priority 1 should be your priority I must humbly say.

I have 2 months off Alcohol 2 years ago and went back to a girl I tough I loved. Story short, I fell off the wagon as she was drinking in front of me all the time.

Been struggling ever since. Don't confused missing the good times you had with her as I am sure your did and what she represents towards your sobriety. Either of you relapse, will most likely not have a good outcome.

Sometimes running is the best solution.

I know my post is not comforting much, but the time you have sober is worth everything in the world, you are worth everything ;-)

Be well
Old 04-02-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Relationships are very dangerous territory.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think the best thing you can do is to get sober and stay sober for yourself.

Early recovery is hard, really hard and there's no way around it.

Hopefully she will do the same thing and get sober, too.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Work the 12 steps of AA. Go to meetings, get a sponsor, get a Big Book, get a highliter and a pen. Get to work on the 12 steps.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks. I just didn't want to break up rather find a healthy way to be w eachother? Now she is not talking to me. She brought the drug into my life. But I supported the habit. I'm not mad at her
Old 04-02-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Mwize - welcome

You had two identical threads - I merged them.

I agree with the consensus here - for better or worse, your gf has made it pretty clear what she wants...

focus on yourself for now - find support, stay clean and let your clean sober life unfold

D