Notices

Class of April 2014

Old 04-02-2014, 08:37 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Day 2 and struggling. Feel like I've lost a friend. Can't drink because I've had antabuse but if it wasn't for that I think I'd be going to the liquor store after work.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:37 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support, everyone!

Looking forward to another bright and shiny morning (hangover free!) tomorrow!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:50 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi Hopeful...I'm sorry you are having a tough time today & that that uneasy feeling will lesson for you soon. Glad you are here & posting. You are not alone. Long day for me & time to sign out tonight.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:59 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Good night peeps!

Congrats on another day sober
Old 04-02-2014, 09:13 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Sweet dreams everyone. Thank you all, I'm so grateful for this place and for all of you. It's closing in on 29 hours for me. I hope we all get some sleep.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:35 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wildchild69 View Post
I understand Quartz! We are going to the bay for 3 days in 2 weeks during my son's spring break....This would usually be a time where I drink from morning to night every day....I've been a HORRID drinker in the past, but the last year it's been very controlled with the exception of the inevitable random horrible black out night. After ANOTHER one this passed weekend, i decided, no matter how good I've been for how long....it's gotta go so this never happens again. I'm confident it may be hard on the trip, but man it'll feel good being on TRUE vacation...not out of town with a hangover every day lol
GOOD LUCK AND STAY STRONG XO
(I'm treating myself to a massage and trying to find a private yoga class on the beach...I would've been too drunk or hungover any vacation before to do either of those)
THANKs Wildchild!! Good luck and stay strong yourself and enjoy your hangover free holiday..
Day 3 nearly over for me.. Phew
Day 2 was hard especially it being my day off but I did stay strong and got through it.. It scares me to think a week ahead and will I be able to resist a nice cold beer but I suppose just one day at a time..
Can't believe I'm so excited about 3 days not drinking, pretty sad really and that's why I want to get out of this rut!!
Feel grateful to have this site to turn to and I haven't posted much yet just reading other stories which are giving me inspiration and realizing I'm not the only one in the world that has a drinking problem.. Thanks to all SR members and Goodluck to all in the April Class of 2014!!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:14 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Rough night for me. Into day 2 but didn't manage much sleep if any. Had to phone into work sick cause the anxiety is crippling I'm in no fit state to work. All the times I've actually been ill lately as well, sure my employers love me.

Feel like this is the bigger deal atm though, I need to claim my life back once and for all.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:30 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hang in there, MrG and Hopeful, you are almost through the worst part!

Jade, I hear ya about working through anyway, I am in the same boat, so I make an extra -- and unapologetic -- effort to pamper myself when I get home. :-)

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 04-03-2014, 03:33 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

I also didn't sleep very well last night and got up this morning with NO energy... Wasn't that big of a deal since I am on vacation at the moment. Read for an hour in the early morning, then back to sleep for 2 hours. Read most of the day and did a solid hour of yoga. Feeling a lot better this evening. I hope that everyone struggling out there pushes through these difficult early days!!!
Old 04-03-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

G'day everyone. Day 3 here. Slept a lot but feeling lethargic, I see a nap in my near future. Otherwise feel ok, already crocheted 2 more pot scrubbers for this weekend's flea market. Reading through the posts can't help but notice the various ups and downs. I wonder how many of y'all are doing these early days under a doctor's supervision and how many are going it alone?
Old 04-03-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovemesomeokra View Post
G'day everyone. Day 3 here. Slept a lot but feeling lethargic, I see a nap in my near future. Otherwise feel ok, already crocheted 2 more pot scrubbers for this weekend's flea market. Reading through the posts can't help but notice the various ups and downs. I wonder how many of y'all are doing these early days under a doctor's supervision and how many are going it alone?
Hi loveme, I'm off to see a doc this afternoon for some advice and I'd like to be referred to the alcohol team and a psychiatrist if possible. I've had diazepam in small doses in the past which has at least allowed me to return to work so we will see what is recommended today.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good day everyone - for those struggling things will get better I promise

D
Old 04-03-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Former Marcher 2014, now I'm fresh off a relapse, but I'm 3 days sober, so hey let's give this another go around.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Hopefulinaus- you can do this. Just hold on til tmw and you will feel a little brighter when you wake up. I'm feeling pretty low and tearful too today, but I'm probably still on a comedown from the weekend. 5 days for me today so just hoping I can hold out over the weekend.

Nolan- welcome back and forget the relapse. It's a new day and a fresh start.

I hope everyone else is doing ok x
Old 04-03-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Welcome Noolan,

Loveme, I'm going it alone; .....well, not alone - alone, since I've got SR
........and you guys for support on this April Thread.

and Easter , with it's theme of rebirth, plus the BB, and seemingly endless threads on AVRT, and libraries full of .......

I would've / should've done a medical detox, when I first found this place in 2010 as a nightly blackout drinker pounding 3 handles a week.
........ Just had an aversion to Dr.'s at the time , ......along with bankers, lawyers, cops, and insurance men, .

It's not that I didn't like'm ? ....just scare't

and mule headed
Old 04-03-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Missouri

Day 3
Old 04-03-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Morning - I am sorry mr.g and surf that you guys didn't get much sleep last night. Thats the worst it getsbetter though. Try melatonin. Works for some people but doesn't for others. Works like a charm for me because I am sensitive to that kind of stuff.

I feel great. Was cranky yesterday but I think it was from lack of sleep. Not sure how much is due to not drinking.... seems like I used to drink a lot but every time I quit I get no withdrawal symptoms so now I am not so sure. All I know is I feel great when I don't drink the night before. That's reason enough to quit for me.

Alright guys! Off to start my day. Hang in there.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Topspin,
I've been afraid to go to the Dr for the last few years too, and other than a med review to renew my asthma precription, I haven't. I've been so afraid of doing anything that would lead to documentation of my addiction. I'm self employed, and pay for private insurance, and was sure that if a Dr figured it out, my policy would be terminated, and I would be forever tagged as uninsurable. I think the changes to US healthcare laws have probably eliminated this possibility, but it's not like I could just call and ask.
I actually called last week to make an appointment for an exam.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me, 39 hours since I swallowed my last pill, and I feel surprisingly ok. I think tapering myself to the point that I did really helped, and I'm so glad I didn't put it off any longer.
I feel a lot stronger than I expected to, but still volatile. I screamed at my mother on the phone last night, though to be honest, she's had it coming for years, and nothing inappropriate came out of my mouth, "I" statements only. Still, I could have handled it differently. Like not answering the phone...
Old 04-03-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Adnamaeel...I have at times asked the Dr to not document anything regarding my alcohol use & they seem to be OK with that. 6 days today - Off to work. Have a great day all!!