Notices

Engaging with support

Old 03-31-2014, 05:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Engaging with support

Well, won't be taking a 'quick nap' at 7pm again. Slept solid 3 hours now it's 1am and can't sleep! Routine don't come easy

I am reengaging with my support at the moment, seeing my therapist, contact with CPN, back on my meds, SR and going to go back to an AA meeting tomorrow. I've had thoughts, but they've passed. Some been strong, some just fleeting.

Despite this I still feel quite alone. Not alone as in fighting this alone, just ... lonely? I am very close to my family but they have their own lives, too. All my friendships have fallen away, any that are left are superficial or acquaintances. I would love one or two close friends, but even since I was a child I fluttered around like a social butterfly and never let people close. I was fairly popular in the past until my alcoholism really kicked off. But a real friendship is something I don't think I've truly experienced.

I'm not having a moan, I am feeling very grateful and know everything is a process. It was just in my mind and I thought I would share it, see if others have experienced similar.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi Try18 - I guess there is a reason they call alcoholism the "lonely Disease". One of my hopes in grabbing onto sobriety is to have healthy relationships....friendships. I know that my drinking has definitely kept that from being possible. (((Hugs))) to you & hope that feeling passes for you.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

It sure is the lonely disease!