Notices

Need Fuzz advice!!!

Old 03-31-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'd stay home with Fuzz and do the trip another time. Traveling with cats is NOT fun. I've done it and regretted it.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You guys rock!!! I hate to cancel this trip. My Dad's 80th birthday and Mothers Day. Today it was like talking to a different family. No one said anything. I am going to plan on Fuzz and I. If it gets too bad, I will leave early or get a hotel. As far as my H, he did not complain about taking care of the Fuzz while I am gone. Thanks for the Fuzz comments. I don't want to be a selfish addict. Fuzz seems to be fine traveling. I have a sling so she can always be close to me. That seems to be of some comfort. I love you guys. I appreciate your comments.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

image.jpg

Thanks again!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sweet baby! Looks so content.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Your cats helped you at home, you've had problems when you go back, these two statements don't mean that away from home the cat will help, especially if their is an issue being caused by your cats prescence.
I'd straighten out any problems before traveling!
Good luck.
John.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

"Am I being the typical selfish addict by bringing Fuzz? "

Not about Fuzz. Perhaps about considering the whole Alaska trip?
Old 03-31-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

First your doing a great job and I am proud of you. You have come along way and the tenor of your posts have changed. I can tell you are making real progress. There has been a change Raider.

Fuzz is adorable. I am concerned about your trip to Alaska. Sometimes there are things at work we don't always understand and people and family closest to us can have a difficult time with change, even when its for the best. Is this a trip that you must take or really want to take?

I think taking Fuzz makes a ton of sense. The one thing I will caution is tying too much of your sobriety to anything other than yourself. In other words, do you an object, activity, adorable cat for example to provide your happiness and contentment this should come from within and then share that with Fuzz and or your husband. Sorry if this sounds like a wet blanket - I really do adore him.

My FiL has two Bermese cats. He and my MiL are both coming to visit us later this week when I return from Europe. We have two big dogs plus a cat. But our dogs would chase his cats. I don't think twice about letting him bring the cats and setup shop in his guest bedroom - it makes him comfortable.

I feel them allowing Fuzz and welcoming Fuzz has mrs to do with them welcoming and accepting your changes than the cat. As such, I wonder about the timing so early in your recovery. I think you need to have a frank and open discussion with them and tell them how this is making you feel and how important Fuzz is to you.

Good luck but I doubt you will need luck, seems like you are making your won lately!
Old 03-31-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I could dig up plenty of your past posts to confirm you're an addict, but I can't recall one that suggests selfish.

Have fun, don't drink, keep it simple.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Closing the gates of Oblivion

Alaska + bald cat = frozen kitty

And...

Alcoholic - craving deterrent = drunk

Make the decision that is right for you right now. I personallly would postpone for now, you can always go later.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:04 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

After doing a simple Google search I need to ask you to do some reading about the breed of cat you have.

Taking a hairless cat to Alaska is a VERY BAD IDEA. Please do some research.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:58 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Raider, my vote is BE SELFISH! Your family doesn't seem to have a clue how big an issue sobriety is for you. Either they don't "get" how bad addiction is or they don't understand how much work it is to get sober.

If Fuzz helps you stay sober, take Fuzz along! If they don't like it, tough. If the trip itself is too risky cancel it. You've worked so hard for so long to have the success you're now having, so don't let anyone sidetrack you.

BTW, I'm really stoked so see the success you've had! It's really awesome to see things going your way.

That is the dangdest cat I've ever seen though!