Notices

Am I Wrong????

Old 03-31-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Jus - there are all kinds. Stay enthusiastic. I love it and it is a shiny light in tough times! I hope you don't leave newcomers, your posts are wonderfully uplifting and inspiring. They may not apply to all but they apply to some, and that's enough!
Old 03-31-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Jus. I don't think starting the thread was a mistake. It's a good discussion.

For me the enthusiasm came after a few months. I wanted to be happy about quitting, but I was very resentful, angry, and like Dee - I was scared to let go. It took me a while to see I wasn't losing anything - but gaining a beautiful new life. I'm enthusiastic now for sure! It just took a bit of time to get there.

Welcome to the family 1meropet1. We look forward to hearing more from you.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Jus, you did not make a mistake starting this thread. You learned something from it.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

IMO, I think the best thing anyone of us can do is completely, honestly and frankly, own where we're at....wherever that may be. Enthusiasm is great, being ratty is great, doing it willingly is better than doing it grudgingly, but doing it at all is the start of a miracle, so I'd go for keeping it unconditional, and going with the flow...

As long as we're sober, and don't pick up on the basis of presence or lack of a particular state of being, it's all good. All very, very good

Thanks for starting a thought provoking thread
Old 03-31-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I understand, too. We all are different and work our programs differently. All that matters is that it works for you.

I try to be positive as I believe it brings positive. But................... Some days I cry for happy, some days I cry for sad. I do know for myself, I always feel better if I try to put a smile on my face though. I also know too, that the longer I remain sober, the more I will feel like smiling and feel enthused.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Jus - I think your enthusiasm and optimism are wonderful. Definitely not everyone is gifted with the ability to feel this way and, even more significantly, to try and influence others this way. You're definitely not wrong - you could not be more right in fact.

The only thing is: despite of sharing many similar issues, beliefs, strategies, etc - we are highly individualistic. We come into this world with a biological "baggage" already, then experience adds to it... I think this is related to our biological diversity...

Don't worry that not every single positive inspiring attempt has similar results. Just stay who you are NOW: a wonderful human being caring for others and trying to make a difference.

The "difference" will always be ultimately diverse - just like we are diverse. The important part is the INTENT, in my opinion.

Thanks so much for all the connection and caring for us!!
Old 04-01-2014, 05:02 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Jus
A Little Wingy

Originally Posted by 1meropet1 View Post
Well today is it...day 1 finally had enough..
Hi 1meropet1, wishing you all the best with your recovery. Yep that usually how it goes, we've had enough, more than. So we find a program that works for us, and USE it.

Are you using a program? Possibly AA? SR is a great start, a GIFT to all of us.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Jus
A Little Wingy

Ok, lets see. Yes I've struggled with resentments in a bad way. Then I put my nose into my program and sat quietly and let it sink it. And yes, I'm the type that pretends everything is ok, the other way never worked for me. Plus today, for the most part, I've let it all go. It serves me, nor any of us any purpose TODAY.

I really felt I deserved to be resentful, I deserved to feel angry. Was it working for me? Hell NO!!!

The program I use showed me what to do about that. I soon found out, I was only hurting myself, no one else. It was stopping me from growing in my sobriety.

Thanks again for all your thoughts with this. I didn't think it would open up a can of worms LOL

And yes, one more time I repeat. I will remain ENTHUSIASTIC even if it kills me. Hmmm don't think it will kill me haha.

Wishing you all the best with your recovery.

Work hard with your programs, never ever ever ever EVER get lazy with it.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Jus,

You opened up a can of HUGS. Love ya sister!

Happiness is a Habit. You have to cultivate it.